Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2007 4:27:29 PM EDT
Hello PA from NY.

Going to be taking a trip to Hershey (want to visit the museum) and Dutch Wonderland with my wife and 4 y/o daughter.

2 days, 1 night.  Looking for recommendations on where to stay.  The plan is to stay near the Dutch Wonderland, go in the afternoon, then see Hershey the next day and go home from there.

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 1:37:15 AM EDT
[#1]
When are you going?
I would advise staying away from the Hershey area from Oct. 10 thru Oct. 14, as the worlds largest car flea market is going on.(AACA Fall Hershey meet). No where to stay within 25 miles!!

Pete A.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 3:09:01 AM EDT
[#2]
No, the last weekend in the month.  26/27th
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 10:04:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Too bad you’re coming so late.

Hershey Park
is a fantastic place to bring the family.  And I don’t know what will be open then.  The factory is merely one of the lesser attractions.  And I do mean Lesser!
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 11:09:50 AM EDT
[#4]
I was at Hershey Park as a kid with my parents.  It's cool, but my girl is just 4 and everyone with kids that age says Dutch Wonderland is better for them than Hershey Park.

When she's older, we'll come back and do Hershey Park and maybe some Amish stuff.  She's just too young for that now.

Thanks. But still looking for a hotel recommendation.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 7:00:46 PM EDT
[#5]
You might want to just look into Hershey, I don't know if Dutchwonderland is open in October.  Hershey does "Halloween at Hershey" which is a good time for the kids, they can trick-or-treat in the park and get a small haul in candy.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 7:54:36 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You might want to just look into Hershey, I don't know if Dutchwonderland is open in October.  Hershey does "Halloween at Hershey" which is a good time for the kids, they can trick-or-treat in the park and get a small haul in candy.

DW is open 5-9 p.m. Friday night and all day Sat and Sun through the end of the month.

It's pretty much a done deal for us, but thanks.

And I think we found a place to stay, I'll call tomorrow for reservations.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:32:48 AM EDT
[#7]
there is a quality inn right across from dutch wonderland
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 6:13:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Made res. for the best western down the road
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top