Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2006 6:34:37 PM EDT
I will be traveling to Easton PA for a wedding. I will be staying at the Easton inn. Is this place a nice place or a roach motel. Also Are there any good places to eat around there.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:56:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Hm, my wife works in Easton. You have either really nice areas or total shitholes where you can't get by without speaking fluent spanish. Central Easton has the usual shitty chain restaurants like..Don Pablos, Perkins,etc etc. If you go west on 22 to 33 and take that north about a mile you will hit freemansburg pike which has a nice little shopping center with a Panera Bread and a Texas Roudhouse. I love Texas Roadhouse. Also the Barnes and Noble across the parking lot is great for sitting and coffee etc. Very nice area. Once again let me say that i HATE Easton.

P.S. Never stayed at the Easton Inn but if its what i recall from the outside you may bealot better off getting a place like Hampton Inn down the road a bit farther out from center city Easton. The Hampton Inn isnt much for anything but does have a nice shopping center across the road witha Walmart and such for the neccessities Good luck

P.S.S. i am wearing one of my several Dawn of the Dead shirts right now. This one is a original 1978 one my wife got me off ebay. God i love that movie.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:14:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I live in the area and do not know for sure about the Easton Inn but is it is down town odds are it is a shit hole.  I would stick with a chain hotel some were along rt 22.  As far as eating take rt 33 north from rt 22.  In addition to some of the places WindGap stated there is an Outback Steak House.  If you want something more upclass down the road from Outback is Blue.  Nice resturant for about $30 a plate.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:55:13 PM EDT
[#3]
My friend is looking forward to eating at Perkins. For some reason she says we have to eat there. I think it has to do with memories of growing up.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 11:01:34 AM EDT
[#4]
hmm i used to cook at one down in philly. foods alright. get the turkey dinner meal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top