BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2006 2:58:19 PM EDT

Got this from WNEP TV

Proposed Changes to PA Gun Laws

Tuesday, March 14, 6:16 p.m.
By Bob Reynolds

Gun owners and sportsmen gathered in Harrisburg Tuesday to support two proposed laws to end gun registration and broaden self-defense rights in Pennsylvania.

State Representative Steven Cappelli of Williamsport and two other state lawmakers announced a proposal to make it a felony for anyone to maintain a gun registry. The state police already has one.

The three also introduced a House Bill which would strengthen laws dealing with the use of lethal force in self defense.

Tom Wagner of Bob's Sporting Goods in Hazleton sells guns. He welcomes proposed changes to the Commonwealth's gun laws.

"I think it's an excellent idea. Florida passed the law and I think it would be great for Pennsylvania to follow through with that, to use deadly force if need be, if you choose to do that," Wagner said.

When three robbers pistol whipped clerk Greg Fink last year he could have stopped them with a gun but the robbers were too fast.

"I would have used it. I didn't know anything was going to happen and I did not have time to react to that," Fink said.

Right now if someone comes into your home or business and you fear for your life you can use deadly force to stop the intruder. A new proposal would expand that to outside your home or business and your car, for example, during a car jacking.

Under current state law if you feel someone is threatening your life, you must first try to flee before using deadly force. Under the new proposed law it would allow you to use deadly force on the spot and not flee.

Some wonder if the proposed law is a good idea.

"What concerns me is people may shoot first and ask questions later, where they may not fear bodily injury or death," said Tamaqua Police Chief Charles Hartung.

Proponents of the new firearm law predict quick action by lawmakers. They hope it becomes law this year.

More from Newswatch 16 . . .

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 4:46:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Awsome.  
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:08:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Here is a pretty good video...

www.wgal.com/video/8024774/index.html?taf=orl

Sounds very pro self defense...  Also looks like a good clip for us
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:18:16 PM EDT
[#3]
It's a shame you have to have a law to protect yourself, the law as it is now protects the criminals.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:27:10 PM EDT
[#4]
http://www.legis.state.pa.us/WU01/LI/BI/BT/2005/0/HB2483P3650.HTM
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:22:05 AM EDT
[#5]
I am not sure this sounds good after reading this...
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:32:28 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
http://www.legis.state.pa.us/WU01/LI/BI/BT/2005/0/HB2483P3650.HTM

This, I believe is a seperate issue than the one that began this thread.  It is certainly not good for gun owners in PA.  There is another thread which discusses  hb 2483.  

As for the original post here, that is good news, and not a completely biased report on the video.  Though there is some notable bias.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top