Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:02:24 PM EDT
[#1]
no fireworks are illegal, but machine guns are ok
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:05:48 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
no fireworks are illegal, but machine guns are ok

Crazy huh lol.

I can tote a belt fed mean machine around in my backyard and take pics, but if I so much as purchase anything stronger than bang snaps I go to jail. Hell I can buy exploding targets *which are MUCH more fun than fireworks, and can be used in conjunction with above mentioned belt fed mean machine, but cant set off one damn bottle rocket legally. mmmmmmm gotta love laws.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 1:14:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 1:39:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Here is what the law states:

CONSUMER FIREWORKS

Specifically Permitted:
Sparklers, toy pistols, or other devices in which paper caps are used which contain .25 grains or less of explosive compound, and are constructed so the hand cannot come into contact with the cap when in place for the explosion. Also permitted are toy cannons which operate on the principle of mixing calcium carbide, weighting less that 1/10th ounce and water in the reservoir of the cannon, and in which ignition results upon the creation of a spark.

Specifically Prohibited:
Any combustible or explosive composition prepared for the purpose of producing a visible or an audible effect by combustion, explosion, deflagration or detonation. This includes, but is not limited to, firecrackers, skyrockets, roman candles, aerial fireworks, or other fireworks of like construction, and any fireworks containing any explosive or flammable compound.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 2:35:00 PM EDT
[#5]
thanks for the clarification 63-Yankee
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 3:16:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Not so fast...

as long as not for profit, there is a legal way.

www.fireworksbydonnora.com/pennsylvania_permit_procedures.htm
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 3:29:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Well DAYUM! It looks like I need to pull a few strings at the next council meeting lol.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE LINK!
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:41:32 PM EDT
[#8]
So blackpowder cannons are illegal?  Even homemade ones?

Oops.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:56:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Class C fireworks are legal in PA w/ a permit signmed by a local councilaman or higher. Rendel relaxed some laws, but none of our local LEOs seem to know just exactly whats legal now and what isn't. The supermarkest here were selling bottle rockets and firecrackers at inflated prices like thger was no tommorow last year. A large fireworks shop called "A_Rocket" fireworks is being built by ny house and is slated to open this season...they've already been broken into and robbed by some crackhead, the paper said they had "rockets".

Every year I put on a show for my friends. I've never been hasseled. I typically spend over $1500 at the wholesalers (so, about $3k worth for all you suckers goin to phantom, prizm etc...). Every year the paper list all the "busts"  made for illegal fireworks possesion....I've never met anyone who has actually gottne a citation or anything.

In all, I guess it just depends on your area...

YMMV

Speed

ETA: I do have signed permits every year from a friend who is the local council president; just in case.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 10:32:45 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Class C fireworks are legal in PA w/ a permit signmed by a local councilaman or higher. Rendel relaxed some laws, but none of our local LEOs seem to know just exactly whats legal now and what isn't. The supermarkest here were selling bottle rockets and firecrackers at inflated prices like thger was no tommorow last year. A large fireworks shop called "A_Rocket" fireworks is being built by ny house and is slated to open this season...they've already been broken into and robbed by some crackhead, the paper said they had "rockets".

Every year I put on a show for my friends. I've never been hasseled. I typically spend over $1500 at the wholesalers (so, about $3k worth for all you suckers goin to phantom, prizm etc...). Every year the paper list all the "busts"  made for illegal fireworks possesion....I've never met anyone who has actually gottne a citation or anything.

In all, I guess it just depends on your area...

YMMV

Speed

ETA: I do have signed permits every year from a friend who is the local council president; just in case.

Just watch your shirt next year.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top