Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2006 7:14:44 PM EDT
My wife and I are thinking of moving to PA, from WY.  To move closer to family.   I have a small gun collection, and want to bring them with me.  What are the gun laws like and any pitfuls I should avoid.  hinking.gif
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:23:01 AM EDT
[#1]
gun laws and carry laws are very good for an eastern state.

nothing to out of the ordinary. no hunting with semi-autos. no carry in state parks (a bit of a grey area). but other than those two everythign is pretty easy going.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:50:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Thi sis a good state for guns. There maybe some local variation in the Big Cities like Philly and Pittsburgh on CCW but over all gun friendly. Any idea where you are looking at in the state.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:02:08 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Thi sis a good state for guns. There maybe some local variation in the Big Cities like Philly and Pittsburgh on CCW but over all gun friendly. Any idea where you are looking at in the state.

Pennsylvania has a gun regulation preemption law. Neither Pittsburgh nor Philadelphia may pass any law restricting CCW.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:21:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I may be wrong but I am under the impression that in Philly and Pittsburgh it is harder to get a CCW issued?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:25:49 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I may be wrong but I am under the impression that in Philly and Pittsburgh it is harder to get a CCW issued?

Pittsburgh is easy.....the hardest thing is finding parking.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:15:42 AM EDT
[#6]
That is true.  It will take you longer to find a parking spot in Pittsburgh than it will to apply for and receive your carry permit from the sheriff's office...just take 2 forms of ID with your address on it and have two references, give them $19, smile for the camera, done.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:08:41 PM EDT
[#7]
And if you have ANY Title II weaponry (Machine guns, SBR, SBS, AOW, suppressors, etc.) they are legal here in PA.  Just look at my avatar.

The hardest thing about them – excluding feeding them ammo – is finding places to shoot them.

Enjoy PA!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top