Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/16/2006 4:42:28 PM EDT
First off if this is a dupe or old news my apologies.  I found this tonight on another board.  I just wanted to give you all a heads up.  Here is the cut & paste:

XXXXXXX.com Non-NFA Firearms Discussion Board

PA Gun Owners -- ALERT -- March 14th.

Posted By: Derek
Date: 2/16/06 11:16

This is the text of an email I got from a gentleman who wanted to buy one of my guns face-to-face, but lives too far away in PA to warrant the travel.

Sounds like there is a rally at the Capital on 3/14 to protest some of these bills:

Sorry we could not do business also, I would appreciate it if you made copies of that fliers to hand out to people, I also have to work that Tuesday march 14. But this event and the chance to introduce pro gun legislation is so important to me and the future for gun owners in this state. I am
taking that day off without pay to be there that day trying to make a better future for all the gun owners that don't seem to care about these stupid laws until they get arrested or have a run with some of these stupid laws or law enforcement. I meet and know several of people that got SCREWED by the system, Got 302. If you don't know what that is it is the newest way to
take your gun rights away and claim that you are mentally ill. There by taking you into a psych ward, NO trial, NO due process, NO one even knows what happen to you and they come and get all of your firearms while they have you being evaluated. Yes it is lega! l is PA to do that to you with no repercussions to the accuser and you will spend at least 20 grand to 50 grand in legal bills trying to get your property back from the system and that is IF you pass the psycho ward test. Also Protection From Abuse or PFA. Some Gun owners in PA stop a worse bill from getting passed and the Gun grabbers accepted a water down version of what they wanted just to claim they pass a PFA bill the final bill signed into law. That final bill had some pro gun things actually left intact. Another stupid gun law that people have had run in this state unless you have a concealed carry permit you can only have a gun going directly to from a gun store, to and from a "legal" shooting range or to and from hunting. IF you stop to fill your car up with gas, stop to get some food to eat or even stop to go to the bathroom with out having a concealed carry permit you could be arrested have your guns confiscated and spend big b! ucks try to get your guns back. Ignorance of the law is No excuse. Here is just a couple of reason why you should attend, IF people don't get
involved gun owners lose their rights. Right Now there is well over 50 bills in PA in pending legislation that are anti-gun or anti-hunting and IF Gun owners don't personally get involved to write letters or go to events like this its going to get a lot worse and harder to own guns or to pass them on to your children. Hey Derek sorry for the essay but this is the first time that I can remember that gun owners are going to have several pro gun rights bills introduced at Harrisburg its a rare event that March 14 will be. Or you could spend your time trying fight the bad anti-gun legislation that will get passed after some tragic event that the anti-gun people will take advantage of.

Hope you consider taking the day off on March 14 to fight for your future to own and use guns for yourself and your children.

Think they can't take away guns from Americans take a look at current pending PA legislation
http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/legis/home/bills/topindex.cfm that is the link go to F then pan down to firearms

THIS IS WHAT YOU WILL SEE JUST IN FIREARMS ALONE AND NONE ARE PRO GUN don't like what you see
get involved it cheaper and easier to do one day rally than to fight all of these bad bills or get pro gun people elected.

FIREARMS:
Rifles versus shotguns, Legislative Budget and Finance Committee and Game Commission conduct study SR53
see also CRIMES AND OFFENSES
Air rifles, sale, use and alteration, persons under age of 18 years, provisions (Amend 18 Pa.C.S.) HB1651
Ammunition, imposition of an additional tax (Amend 1971 P.L.6, No.2) HB2020
Assault weapons, banning, manufacturing, possessing, transfer; assault weapon components, possessing; defining offenses (Amend 18 Pa.C.S.) SB533
Assault weapons, prohibition and registration; penalties; subchapter added (Amend 18 Pa.C.S.) HB764
Child firearm safety lock mechanisms, provisions HB2113
Cities, first class, security provisions (Amend 18 Pa.C.S.) HB2084
"Dangerous weapon", defining; possession in court facility (Amend 18 Pa.C.S.) SB1003
Disarming offense, law enforcement officer; penalty (Amend 18 Pa.C.S.) SB584 (Act 30,`05)
Domestic relations, persons not to possess, use, manufacture, control, sell or transfer f! irearms and licenses (Amend 18 Pa.C.S.) HB2417
Domestic relations, persons not to possess, use, manufacture, control, sell or transfer firearms, for licenses, loans, lending or giving, definitions, jurisdiction, full faith and credit, foreign protection orders, responsibilities of law enforcement agencies, commencement of proceedings, hearings, relief; return of relinquished firearms, other weapons, ammunition, consignment sale or lawful transfer, relinquishment to third party for safekeeping, registry or database of firearm ownership; emergency relief by minor judiciary, for arrest, violation of order, private criminal complaints, violation of order or agreement, procedures, other remedies; immunity, inability to pay, limitation on warrantless searches (Amend 18 and 23 Pa.C.S.) HB1717 (Act 66,`05)
Firearms, minors access; storage, penalties, defense, notice by retailer (Amend 18 Pa.C.S.) SB839
Firearms, persons not to possess, use, manufacture, control, sell or transfer; foreign protection orders, immunity provisions, inability to pay; limitation on warrantless searches (Amend 18 Pa.C.S.) SB792
Firearms show, offense of admittance of unaccompanied minor defined (Amend 18 Pa.C.S.) HB1424
Game Commission, regulations relating to hunting with flintlock muzzleloader (Amend 34 Pa.C.S.) HB1605
Handgun identification requirements and trigger locks (Amend 18 Pa.C.S.) HB978
Handgun or firearms and ammunition, regulation; limitation on municipal powers (Amend 18 and 53 Pa.C.S.) HB874
Handgun or firearms and ammunition, regulation; limitation on municipal powers (Amend 18 Pa.C.S.) HB872
Handgun purchases and sales, limit; Violence Prevention Fund, establishing; municipal regulation of firearms and ammunition (Amend 18 Pa.C.S.) HB871
Handgun purchases, limiting; adding section; Violence Prevention Fund, establishing (Amend 18 Pa.C.S.) SB1002
Home invasion, defined (Amend 18 Pa.C.S.) HB161
Hunting, unlawful devices and methods defined (Amend 34 Pa.C.S.) HB2027
Lethal weapons, education and training program (Amend 1974 P.L.705, No.235) HB145
License, application to carry concealed weapon (Amend 18 Pa.C.S.) HB2112
License exceptions, issuance fees, reciprocity, related inquiries; Firearms License Validation System, powers and duties of Attorney General and State Police Commissioner (Amend 18 Pa.C.S.) HB1556
License, offense of weapon not to be carried without (Amend 18 Pa.C.S.) HB1273
Licenses, additional fees, reciprocity; Firearms License Validation System, Attorney General establish nationwide (Amend 18 Pa.C.S.) SB483
Licenses, certified safety courses, provisions (Amend 18 Pa.C.S.) HB1209
Licenses, exceptions, issuance fees, reciprocity and related inquiries; Firearms License Validation System, powers and duties of Attorney General, Pennsylvania State Police Commissioner, Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency; Firearms
License to Carry Modernization and Firearms License Validation System Funds, establishing (Amend 18 Pa.C.S.) HB1212
Licenses, issuance of, concealed on one's person or vehicle (Amend 18 Pa.C.S.) HB426
Licenses, weapons carried without; issuance, sale or transfer; Firearm Safety Education Fund, establishing (Amend 18 Pa.C.S.) HB41
License to carry; military personnel (Amend 18 Pa.C.S.) SB866
Lost or stolen, registry, failure to report (Amend 18 Pa.C.S.) HB1013
Minors, possession, loss of property rights to Commonwealth; disposition when forfeited (Amend 18 and 42 Pa.C.S.) HB170
Municipal buildings, possession of firearm or other dangerous weapon prohibited (Amend 18 Pa.C.S.) HB1927
Offense of possessing instruments of crimes; person not to possess, use, manufacture, control, sell or transfer firearms (Amend 18 Pa.C.S.) HB1198
Offense of unsa! fe storage defined (Amend 18 Pa.C.S.) HB1423
Offense, sale or transfer; penalties (Amend 18 Pa.C.S.) HB2046
Offenses committed with weapons, sentence provisions (Amend 42 Pa.C.S.) HB2047
Offenses involving, bail provisions (Amend 42 Pa.C.S.) HB1584
Paintball guns and paintball markers, criminal mischief; sale and use of air rifles (Amend 18 Pa.C.S.) HB1686 (Act 85,`05)
Persons not to possess, use, manufacture, control, sell or transfer, sentences for offenses committed with, and for sentences for certain drug offenses committed with (Amend 42 and 18 Pa.C.S.) HB1692
Persons prohibited from possessing, using, in Commonwealth (Amend 18 Pa.C.S.) HB1292
Persons prohibited from possessing, using, manufacturing, controlling, selling or transferring (Amend 18 Pa.C.S.) HB1323
Persons prohibited from possessing, using, manufacturing, controlling, selling or transferring; carrying on public streets or property in Philadelphia, prohibited (Amend 18 Pa.C.S.) HB954
Persons prohibited from possessing, using, manufacturing, controlling, selling or transferring; licenses to carry; offense of certain bullets prohibited; offense of solicitation of minors to traffic drugs (Amend 18 Pa.C.S.) HB1264
Persons prohibited from possessing, using, manufacturing, controlling, selling or transferring; Pennsylvania State Police, duties (Amend 18 Pa.C.S.) HB77
Possession, use, manufacturing, controlling, selling or transferring; duties of State Police; repeal (Amend 18 Pa.C.S.) HB531
Purchase, by person subject of protection from abuse order, prohibiting, within a five year period of the date of the order (Amend 18 Pa.C.S.) SB531
Retired law enforcement officers, issuance of identification cards; law enforcement agencies and Municipal Police Officers' Education and Training Commission, powers and duties HB1057 (Act 79,`05)
School pupils, possession; violent actions or violent behavior, terroristic threats, assault (Amend 1949 P.L.30, No.14) SB355
Sentences, offenses committed with (Amend 42 Pa.C.S.) HB1429
State Handgun Standard Commission, establishing; safety performance standard for manufacture of handguns, forfeiture of certain handguns, enforcement; subchapter added (Amend 18 Pa.C.S.) HB16
Storage within easy access to children prohibited; penalties (Amend 18 Pa.C.S.) HB17
Straw purchase offense, unlawful transfer, defining (Amend 18 and 42 Pa.C.S.) HB78
Taxation, storage vaults or trigger locks, sale at retail or use, sales and use tax exclusions (Amend 1971 P.L.6, No.2) HB18
Theft and related offenses, defined; grading of offenses (Amend 18 Pa.C.S.) HB1025
Theft and r! elated offenses, grading; "firearm," defining (Amend 18 Pa.C.S.) HB1891
Tracing, illegal possession by anyone under 21 years of age (Amend 18 Pa.C.S.) HB873
Tracing; relating to illegal possession of anyone under 21 years of age (Amend 18 Pa.C.S.) SB532
Training and qualification, retired law enforcement officers, identification cards; law enforcement agencies and State Police, powers and duties HB1057
Weapons, implements of escape, dangerous materials or other items, expanding definitions; delivery of contraband; making a conforming amendment (Amend 18 Pa.C.S.) SB557
Weapons, offenses of possessing instruments of crime (Amend 18 Pa.C.S.) HB498
Weapons or other instruments of crime, offenses of processing, defined (Amend 18 Pa.C.S.) HB659
Weapons, possession on school property, offense; persons not to possess, use, manufacture, control, sell or transfer firearms; drug-free school zones (Amend 18 Pa.C.S.) SB763
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:42:31 PM EDT
[#1]
You might want to read this about 302's in PA. Your gun buddy is talking out his porthole.

§6105. Persons not to possess, use, manufacture, control, sell or transfer firearms.  

(4) A person who has been adjudicated as an incompetent or who has been involuntarily committed to a mental institution for inpatient care and treatment under section 302, 303 or 304 of the provisions of the act of July 9, 1976 (P.L. 817, No. 143) known as the Mental Health Procedures Act. This paragraph shall not apply to any proceeding under section 302 of the Mental Health Procedures Act unless the examining physician has issued a certification that inpatient care was necessary or that the person was committable.

I've 302'd many people, I know of other LEO's who have 302'd people........and no one has had their guns taken away. The only time they are taken, is if the person being 302'd has stated they plan on shooting themselves, etc. The guns will be signed over to another family member.

By the way, if you are 302'd you do not go to a psych ward. You are taken to a facility, usually a hospital where you will talk to a case worker. They will evaluate you and determine the next step. And before a person can be 302'd, the persons family must first meet with the counselor and explain the situation. If the counselor feels the person needs help or is potentially a danger to himself they will issue a 302 warrant. The person will be picked up by the local police and taken to the facility.

I can take a person into protective custody as far as 302, if the person makes a statement in my presence about hurting himself, or I witness or observe evidence related to this, such as slashed wrists, etc.

I think the person who sent you that email sounds like he should be evaluated.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 3:36:52 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
You might want to read this about 302's in PA. Your gun buddy is talking out his porthole.

§6105. Persons not to possess, use, manufacture, control, sell or transfer firearms.  

(4) A person who has been adjudicated as an incompetent or who has been involuntarily committed to a mental institution for inpatient care and treatment under section 302, 303 or 304 of the provisions of the act of July 9, 1976 (P.L. 817, No. 143) known as the Mental Health Procedures Act. This paragraph shall not apply to any proceeding under section 302 of the Mental Health Procedures Act unless the examining physician has issued a certification that inpatient care was necessary or that the person was committable.

I've 302'd many people, I know of other LEO's who have 302'd people........and no one has had their guns taken away. The only time they are taken, is if the person being 302'd has stated they plan on shooting themselves, etc. The guns will be signed over to another family member.

By the way, if you are 302'd you do not go to a psych ward. You are taken to a facility, usually a hospital where you will talk to a case worker. They will evaluate you and determine the next step. And before a person can be 302'd, the persons family must first meet with the counselor and explain the situation. If the counselor feels the person needs help or is potentially a danger to himself they will issue a 302 warrant. The person will be picked up by the local police and taken to the facility.

I can take a person into protective custody as far as 302, if the person makes a statement in my presence about hurting himself, or I witness or observe evidence related to this, such as slashed wrists, etc.

I think the person who sent you that email sounds like he should be evaluated.

I  cut and pasted this thread from another gunboard.  I dont know the author of the original thread, I just thought it was good info to share.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:36:34 AM EDT
[#3]
One way or the other ,a rally of gun owners to oppose
bills that target us is a good thing.

Remember ,those who want to take away our freedoms
constantly have gatherings and protests.

We NEED to have gatherings and protests against the
erosions of our rights as well in order to keep up with
these people.

Sitting back and doing nothing while expecting to keep our rights
is no longer an option !
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top