Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/13/2006 2:59:45 AM EDT
If anyone is near Johnstown Pa.  there is a large AMMO and GUN auction at the end of the month.

Here is the link.

http://www.auctionzip.com/Listings/108468.html

I wasn't going to post this, but I would have felt bad if I did not share.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:05:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Sorry but I got dibs on all the 223,308 and 9 mm.
They sell it by the box take one or take all.
I go to their auction regularly and knew about it several week ago.
At first they said they have almost 5 ton, but it is not quite that much.
Still enough to have the ammo selling Friday night and the guns on Saturday morning.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:32:34 AM EDT
[#2]
NOW,NOW,   lets not drive up the prices on each other.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:41:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I know better than that.
I have several friends that I set with at the auctions and we will talk about what we want so as not to drive up the price on each other.

Vatopa - if you come look for me.
I'm 6'0" 250lbs flat top hair cut (brown with very little grey).
I usually have a green/grey Bart's Sporting Goods hat on.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 2:49:31 AM EDT
[#4]
9SC,

I plan on being there for both days.  I will find you.  I am about 6 foot 210, short brown.  I will let you know what I am wearing laer next week.  One of the guys that works for me lives right next to the auction barn and is close friends with Merle the auctioneer.  He tells me that there is a lot more stuff that will be for sale other than what is listed.  

As for guns,  he tells me that there is atleast 10 ak variants coming to the block.  

All this stuff came from one guy in the west end of J-town.  Apparently, the guy was a horder of all things.  The auction house has been finding large amounts of cash  tucked away in all his stuff.  They sold a box of shower curtains a few weeks ago, it had several thousand dollars rolled up in side it.   Needless to say, they have gone through all the stuff up for sale.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 2:10:15 PM EDT
[#5]
You guys gotta post pics of what you end up walking away from.

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 2:26:25 PM EDT
[#6]
From or with??????

I was up there today for an estate auction and told the guys to have the hand truck ready for me.
They also have several mount going up for sale.
4 or 5 bear, an elk, and a white tail.
Not sure if they will go Friday or Saturday.

They have most of the ammo set out on book shelves with clear plastic over it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:55:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Alright,

Due to all the craziness in my life right now, I did not make tonights ammo auction.

Tomorrows gun auction isn't looking goood either.  I really wanted to check out the winchester 94 30-30's.  Oh well, their will be others.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:14:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Way to go vatopa. I spent most of my time looking for you.
Actually I was behind the counter showing knives.

Due to the number of stupid people bidding, the only thing I came away with wasa case of Winchester white box 223.
Some of the case lot shotgun ammo didn't go too high, but I don't need 3 1/4 dram loades to shoot clays.
A couple of the knives went way over their actual value.

Didn't have time to look over the guns, but there wasn't anything that I wanted.

I ended up helping them with the ammo during the auction and distributing it after it was paid for.

Not going today. I'll go to the autcion in Indiana to work.

PS: there will be another ammo auction in Feb for the rest of it. They informed me there are boxes that are falling apart from moisture they will have. I will post when I find out the date.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 10:39:15 AM EDT
[#9]
9super comp.

Sorry bro,  Maybe we can get together at the next auction.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top