Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/4/2006 5:03:37 PM EDT
Troops,

Unless I get blackballed by John at Seneca Arms , looks like I'll be a member at Branch Valley in the next few weeks.  Hope to see a few of the old Water and Wings crowd out there.

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:11:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Details?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:37:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Jamie,

Here you go...  Branch Vally Web Site

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:03:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:15:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Jerry,

I asked before I joined and the guy I met with says other than two weeks before deer season, the rifle range gets little play.  He said they have no problem with EBRs.  As soon as I get my card, I'll head out with the evilest of my EBRs and report first hand.

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:20:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Jerry,

I asked before I joined and the guy I met with says other than two weeks before deer season, the rifle range gets little play.  He said they have no problem with EBRs.  As soon as I get my card, I'll head out with the evilest of my EBRs and report first hand.

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:21:10 AM EDT
[#6]
is their indoor pistol range working yet?  It's been "under development" for years from what I've been told...
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:43:10 AM EDT
[#7]
I was told the same.  Their current indoor range is lead only and that's bad news for Glock owners like me.  They hoped the indoor range would be ready to go this year.  As I am new, I'm uncertain if this is an accurate statement or not.  

Gary
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:20:37 PM EDT
[#8]
That place may be an option for me to shoot at. I live in Central Bucks near Chalfont. Please post an after action report after your first shoot there...
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:48:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Will do... I'm awaiting my orientation visit and then I should be given a card.  

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:16:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Congrats Gary, I'm definitely interested to hear how it goes, I've been getting the bug a bit lately....oh and John is pretty good at strongarming you into things isn't he?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:45:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Jay,

Yeah I'm looking forward to it.  My little girl wants to learn to fish and they have a nice pond there.  Also, they have what looks like a nice trap facility.  We may want to give that sport some thought.  It could be fun if a bunch of the regulars decided to do that every once in a while.  Something different.  I look at it this way, for what I would have spent at W&W from Jan- April, I can have a full membership at Branch Valley.  So if W&W opens again, I will have lost nothing.  Plus, I now have a place to shoot in case they go tits up.  They seem to have a rather strong guest policy, so I'm not sure how able I'll be to get any of us together if you are not members. John may have better insight on this than me.  Hope to see everyone real soon.

Regards,
Gary

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:15:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:04:02 PM EDT
[#13]
John,

Just waiting on my orientation phone call.  Hopefully that will be soon.  I'll IM you when I know I'm going to shoot and perhaps we can meet.  

Regards,
Gary

ps...the line was literally out the door for new memberships.  Business must be good!
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 2:50:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Gary...You shoot there yet?
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:55:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Nope.... Just got an email that they are having new member orientation this Sunday.  What the fellow told me when I signed up was that you are issued your membership card after the orientaion.  So....if all goes well, I'll be out at Branch Valley next weekend... <weather depending>

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:28:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Went for my orientation tour today.  They have a very nice covered rifle range.  Even with today's winds, had I wanted to shoot, I could have with little disconfort.  The rifle range is split into three sections; 100 yards, 50 yards, and 30 yards.  You can shoot rifle and shotgun at all three sections.  Pistol is prohibited at the 100 yard range.  

They also have an area for clay birds.  The thrower is mounted on some steel and is very simple to use.  You would simply bring your own birds and fire away.  The current indoor pistol range is limited to lead only.  The guys there today were shooting .22 cal.  They are building a modern indoor facility that they hope to open shortly.  All in all I am happy with Branch Valley.  Time will tell whether I fit in there.  I do like the idea of being able to throw my own birds.  This will be a fun diversion from punching holes in paper.  Of course this means I will need to buy a new shotgun since I'd look silly with my evil Bennelli M1 Super 90 banging birds.

Weather permitting, I will be out next Saturday or Sunday.

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 4:27:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:37:14 AM EDT
[#18]
John,

Thanks for the heads up on Sundays.  I would love to meet up and shoot with you some day soon. I have not gotten into the organized shoots too much.  That may be something for me to consider at some point.  Weather permitting, my son and I will be out this Saturday.  

Regards,
Gary
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top