Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/25/2005 10:34:16 PM EDT
Are there any such animals in SE PA where you get to use your rifle (ar) and your pistol is some sort of tactical or action match. (or even a shotgun)
Again, I am totally new the modern firepower and ARs...just looking to have some fun, sort of like an expanded IDPA style match.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:05:37 PM EDT
[#1]
There is a monthly IPSC match in York PA that sometimes will have a rifle or shotgun sidematch. Check USPSA's website. It is the only club in York that has IPSC matches.

Other than that there is nothing. I asked around alot 2 years ago and York was all I could find.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:09:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Occasionally some of the IDPA clubs will run 2- or 3-gun matches but usually this is limited to 1x per season.  

Blue Ridge Cherry Valley's IDPA program, headed by Kevin Schlier, held a 3-gun IDPA match in 2005; no idea if he'll do it again in 2006.

Sometimes the IDPA program at Easton Fish & Game, headed by Ted Murphy, will run shotgun side matches.  I think one time they had a shotgun-only match which was fun.

York IWLA ran a 3 gun IPSC match last year but I don't know if they will do it again.  

Ontelaunee Rod & Gun used to have an annual 3-gun match but since the match director left, that match has gone by the wayside.

Sad to say that I haven't been shooting in over a year, thanks to the joys (urk) of home ownership.  

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:16:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Topton Fish and Game south of Allentown runs IPSC matches and some USPSA style three gun matches.  Old Bridge Rifle and pistol run some great tactical three gun matches and USPSA matches every month.  They are in Old Bridge NJ.  Check out www.obcats.com they keep track of the matches on the NJ, PA area.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top