Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2005 7:28:04 AM EDT
LEO and the National Guard are confiscating personal firearms in New Orleans. News articles and videos are available in these two AR15.com topics.

topic 1

topic 2

If anyone is interested in sending an email or letter to our Pennsylvania Representativesabout the infringements on 2nd and 4th amendment rights:

House

Senate

Sample letter that I sent (modify it for your use if you like, or for ideas)(edited to add 5th and 14th amendment ):

Senator XXXXXX,

I see the dangerous precedent of rights guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution and the Bill of Rights being trampled in the wake of the disaster in New Orleans. The Government of Louisiana, Law Enforcement Officers, and the National Guard Representatives have suspended the 2nd, 4th, 5th, and 14th Amendment rights, among others, of citizens of this country. ABC News is reporting that the National Guard and Law Enforcement Officers are disarming law-abiding citizens in their own homes. That an elected official will suspend constitutional rights and have those who have sworn an oath to uphold the constitution perform acts against the rights expressed in the constitution deeply troubles me, as our country’s founders saw these rights as “inalienable” and wrote they were to remain “unabridged”.
    I understand that this is a time of turmoil in the Louisiana area, but these are the times that we must ensure that our rights are protected. In tumultuous times we must be able to count on our government to safeguard our rights, not dispose of them. The citizens of this country have the right to defend themselves, the right to bear arms, the right to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects against unreasonable searches and seizures, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation, nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
    While I hope that the local governments in the area effected want to do the right thing in this situation, I fear that what they feel the correct response is violates the rights of the citizens present, and all of the citizens of the United States of America.
    Please do not allow these infringements to go unchallenged.

Sincerely,

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:23:08 AM EDT
[#1]
I am with you...  this is not right!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:09:44 PM EDT
[#2]
don't forget the 14th amendment
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:42:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Great letter..... Odd that I have seen no effort for anyone to seek an injuction against this behavior.  Where oh where is the NRA when their needed the most?

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 4:16:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Sorry to say that writing would do no good. The guys / gals in Congress pretty much have their gun position set in stone when they run for office. Same for most other issues such as Abortion, 14th. Amendment, etc. I know of no office holder that was anti gun when elected and who changed his mind once in office. If fact, it usually goes the other way. Lets not forget it was a "Republican" who signed the Assault Weapons Ban.

Remember too that the current "Conservative" President signed off on declaring Marshall Law in New Orleans, which means that the only Constitution that exists is the one made by some Government PinHead, "to meet today's security requirements".

The key is to get the right person elected and that means voting and supporting with $$ those candidates who see the world as we do.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 10:10:58 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Sorry to say that writing would do no good. The guys / gals in Congress pretty much have their gun position set in stone when they run for office. Same for most other issues such as Abortion, 14th. Amendment, etc. I know of no office holder that was anti gun when elected and who changed his mind once in office. If fact, it usually goes the other way. Lets not forget it was a "Republican" who signed the Assault Weapons Ban.

Remember too that the current "Conservative" President signed off on declaring Marshall Law in New Orleans, which means that the only Constitution that exists is the one made by some Government PinHead, "to meet today's security requirements".

The key is to get the right person elected and that means voting and supporting with $$ those candidates who see the world as we do.

Seems like a defeatist attitude.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top