Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/8/2005 6:27:36 PM EDT
Valley Forge Convention Center - Sept 17-18 2005

Post here if you are going and when.  Would be great to start a AR15COM meet place.  Some fellow shooters from the Beretta Forum may also be joining us but you must be nice to them since I'm a member of both worlds!
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:50:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll be going.  don't know when.

Just looking to get some ammo and oggle some guns.  I don't think there's anything else i need to buy...maybe some magazines since you can never have too many.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:55:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I have yet to go to a show "needing" to buy anything but always leave with a armful of things I had to have.

As we get closer post when you are going.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:18:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I like to go and just look. Of course I said that before and bought.

Not sure what day, probably Saturday. I'll know better that Friday. I'll get my son and a friend to go too.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:12:02 PM EDT
[#4]
if you want stop by defcon-1,we usually are about midway back in the middle,to say hey! its always a fun show for us!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:50:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I usally go on Saturday morning but I won't know for sure until Friday night.  If you guys want to meet up just let me know and I'll try to get there at whatever time you guys decide
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:30:44 PM EDT
[#6]
sorry to be so dumb but what is defcon-1?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:20:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I have yet to go to a show "needing" to buy anything but always leave with a armful of things I had to have.

Seriously, no guns this time.  I'm holding my breath and some money in my checking account for a glock carbine.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 4:24:26 AM EDT
[#8]
I will be there on sunday need more british 5.56 and south african 7.62x51.  Jand C sales usually has good prices and they are going to be there.  Would not mind meeting some of you there.

DAROGUE1
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 12:48:06 PM EDT
[#9]
I need primers and powder, but it is bad weekend for me... I may have to limp along till Harrisburg in December.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 3:55:33 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I will be there on sunday need more british 5.56 and south african 7.62x51.  Jand C sales usually has good prices and they are going to be there.  Would not mind meeting some of you there.

DAROGUE1

Please tell me more about the British ammo. I just bought from Cabela 2000 rounds of Lake City SS109 Ammo .223 62-grain, M855 Green Tip that came to .21 per round delivered - included 6 .50 caliber cases but 3 were of real crap quality.

What prices to you usually find at shows? How is the Brit stuff?

I'm also shooting Argentina .308 for my HK91 that I bought from Ammoman.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 4:26:31 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
sorry to be so dumb but what is defcon-1?

www.defcon-1.com/
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 4:35:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Thank you sir!

Did not know of them but will without doubt stop by to see what they have.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 1:47:27 AM EDT
[#13]
British radwaygreen ss109 was at the last gun show through a company called jand c sales see (jandcsales.com) I think that it is running $165 per 900rd can in sealed ammo can(.18per round).  Some people have had problems with it.  I fired one of the two bandoleers I bought from them on wedensday through my rock river arms tactical entry and had zero problems with it.  Oh did I mention that it comes 150rds on strippers in a nylon bandoleer that closes with nice snaps.  They sell it in single bando for $23 if you want to try some.  They are usually straight ahead in the "main" part 3/4 the way to the back wall.  They also have the south african $23/140rd "battle back" or $145 per 1450rds in a BIG brown steel box.   They have other ammo too.  Good people to deal within my opinion.  No hype or hard sell.  Usually have a banner up.   They will keep what you buy at their table untill you leave so you do not have to hump it all over the place.  I think that it is a husband and wife team from ohio.  They will also knock off a few dollars if you buy in balkh
DAROGUE1
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 3:22:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Its almost settled for us. Due to our schedule, it looks like Sat morning. Hope others will be there then too!
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 5:43:37 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Seriously, no guns this time.  I'm holding my breath and some money in my checking account for a glock carbine.

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:06:37 PM EDT
[#16]
thanks ar shorty, do we know each other? or do you just know defcon-1?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:07:06 AM EDT
[#17]
I'll be there Sat, i do have a couple things on my list of things i need / want.

Mike
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 2:42:13 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
thanks ar shorty, do we know each other? or do you just know defcon-1?

I bought a T-shirt from you guys at the Harrisburg show about a year or two ago.  I've visited your site a few times too just to window shop.  That's all...
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:30:16 PM EDT
[#19]
did you get the banned at  valley forge shirt? on the back if it says...
                       NAPALM STICKS TO KIDS
thats the one that the promoters got hot about.....verbotten at the forge....i double dare you to wear it to the show i dunno what the big deal is, but since then,they love us? see yas at the vf!
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:22:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:36:05 PM EDT
[#21]
thanks for the good words FMJunkie! we will be bringing some neat guns,and as always tactical nylon!
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:32:34 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm trying for Saturday, oldest just turned 18 last month and he's had a love affair with MY Mausers for some time now, see if I can find him a nice M-48 or VZ-24 at a decent price.

I'll be wearing a camo hat.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 4:55:29 AM EDT
[#23]
I am hopeing to be there Saturday morning but alot will depend on the kids...  I may nee to bring my two oldest (8 and 5) and as crowded as VF gets that may be more then I want to do...
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:36:02 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
did you get the banned at  valley forge shirt? on the back if it says...
                       NAPALM STICKS TO KIDS
thats the one that the promoters got hot about.....verbotten at the forge....i double dare you to wear it to the show i dunno what the big deal is, but since then,they love us? see yas at the vf!

why do we like napalm? 'cause napalm sticks to kids!  A medic was telling me that used to be the cadence they did when jogging by the elementary school on base.  More than a few complaints.

You should keep a few under the table for people who ask.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 3:24:55 PM EDT
[#25]
hmmm, mabey we will....sizes? and we will have to agree on a password....im thinking...if ya really want one lemme know the size you want via e mail...i think they are like 15 bux...lmk
thats a new one on me...underground tee shirt sales at the forge
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 6:54:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Yep, Saturday's definite.

Looking for ammo boxes. Last time I went, no one had any. All sold out?
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:36:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Going sunday.
.30 carbine Ammo, ammo cans, and M1 carbine parts and manuals.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:19:39 AM EDT
[#28]
Two shows ago i got 50 cal cans, can't remeber the price but a few booths had them and they were relativelly cheap at a few.  Good shape as well.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:28:16 AM EDT
[#29]
OK - The original point was to find a time when most would be there so maybe we could have a meet / greet. But it looks like too many are going at too different times. Nice unity - seems like many actually have lives apart from guns, very sad indeed :)

Maybe ELRAY can be in charge of a sign in sheet since he will be exhibiting?

How's that for volunteering others?
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 12:31:47 PM EDT
[#30]
i'll be going sunday.  I'll probably be wearing 5.11's and a button down shirt (hey at least it narrows it down more than cammo and a budweiser hat)
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:47:35 PM EDT
[#31]
I should be there SAT.  I will be wearing a tan ar-15.com tee shirt.   Shouldn't be too hard to notice me.  Hope to get to meet some of the local ar15. comer's.  It will be nice to put a face with  the screen names.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 4:39:24 PM EDT
[#32]
ill prob be too buzy,but if someone brings me one, ill put it at our tables, so you can scribble on it....i wont be able to meet with yas,cuz i dont even normally have time to take a  piss at this show. tmi?
have fun, and stop by to  say hi!
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 3:04:14 PM EDT
[#33]
anyone have a report from today?
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 3:13:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Pretty busy but heard a few exhibitors complain that with all the visitor not many were buying. Need to go back tomorrow to pick up some ammo - not bad prices but no super deals.

If there stop by the Decon 1 table. Met "elray" for the 1st time and is a good guy. Ask him about their upcoming Customer Appreciation Day.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 3:28:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Some good deals on guns . Ammo prices were all higher though on the cases .

Traded a 41 .22 for a LNIB German PPK/S for my Dad . Sucker was probably never fired.

Dad loves it so I'm happy .  

Talked to Elray at his table .  Nice to meet members of the site you know. I have done business with him before and he is really a great guy .
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 3:33:32 PM EDT
[#36]
I went today.  Had on my ar-15.com tee shirt and not one person said they were an ar-15.com'r too (I was there from 12:30-4 with my 11 yr old son).  Show was pretty good (but crowded as usual).  I got a new RRA stripped lower for $150 out the door, got 500rds of xm193 boxed for $95, got 500rds of wolf .22 match target for $26, and a grip plug for my glock for $7.  One dealer had a whole table of just HK 94's, I guess they were the CA DOJ guns?  They were going for $1800-$2k.  The finsh looked pretty bad on some of them.  All in all it was a pretty good show.  I got everything I went for.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:50:55 PM EDT
[#37]
I was there for about a hour 10:30 to about 11:30..  No money but needed a couple small items...

I did see a EA PREBAN AR-15 for $480!!!

If I hadn't spent soo much money in the past 2-days on AK stuff I would have grabbed it but I am not sure I have enough plastic to even pay that much...

It was near the exit two to three rows max as I recall...  I would have bought it for one of our NY members but no money...

Good show... LOTS AND LOTS of nice WASR-1 and WASR-2s in the sub $350 mark...  Again, I wish I had a little more credit on my habbit card but it was maxed or one of those laminate stock WASR-2s would be mine as well...

Some of the prices were high...  some seemed very good...  Lots of stuff to see for those that are debating hitting the show tomorrow.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 6:56:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Very crowded. Some sales here and there but mostly people were just looking.

I bought 4 ammo cans and a Dillon open end wrench. That's it.

I did see a Bushmaster M4 A3 with handle and a Tasco scope mounted for $785.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 7:46:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Went this morning before the game.  I was a little disappointed that Dennis Todd didn't show up, although I did get a chance to speak with the guys at JB Arms and handle some of their Class III items.

By the way, why is it that no one carries any quality AR items?  I've really been looking for a good 4 rail handguard (Troy, Samson, etc.) but everything out there was no-name junk that felt like it was wider than a M4 handguard, and that's before any panels were even on it.  Plus, no 9mm uppers.  I've been looking for a RRA setup, but the closest I found was a beat up Olympic.

Last thing, is $108 a good price for a case of XM193?
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:06:22 AM EDT
[#40]
Overall I thought it was a good show, Didn't get there til after 2;30pm on Sat, the HK94 table was already half empty, there were stilla couple with decent finish.

I also saw a table full of SKS's still in cosmoline selling for $140 each.  Lots of other SKS's as well but that table seemed to have the best selecton and price.   I saw a few Cetme's (and on SETME )  but none that met my needs, all had been HKized to some extent, and were priced high because of it.  i just want a plain one that still looks like a CETME.  

Mag prices were good, I picked up some full capacity used Glock brand G19 mags for $7 each and new USGI ar15 30 rnd mags for $13.  

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 1:09:56 PM EDT
[#41]
had fun as always,left harrisburg at 2am,loaded up in coopersburg,left for valley forge, set up by 9am....only had a brief chance to walk around the show...its hard to get away from the tables...we had some good feedback from some end users on gear....met some of ya...had a good talk with mdn and phillyd2....both good guys...lots of work to do at defcon-1 this week,our black hawk day/customer appreciation day on oct 22 will be friggin awesome....see ya at the next shows!
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 1:21:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 1:23:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:13:02 PM EDT
[#44]

We really need to learn to coordinate.

You think?

OK - this did not work out too well

There is another show in December so we can try again. Hope we all shoot better than we coordinate
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:48:13 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Last thing, is $108 a good price for a case of XM193?

A case as in 1,000 rounds or 500?

I paid $95 for 500 (NOT PD) at the show on Saturday.  Guy had quite a few boxes stacked up.

500 rounds for $108
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:56:10 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I went today.  Had on my ar-15.com tee shirt and not one person said they were an ar-15.com'r too

I was there on Saturday from about 10:45 until 1:00 with my ARFCOM T-shirt and nobody said anything to me either...  We really need to learn to coordinate.

yep that is for sure (better coordination).  I think the problem is that the show is always so crowded and the tables are so close together that you cant see someone in the next row (or ten feet in front of you).  I met a friend there one time and didn't notice him in an aisle until he was right in front of me (he didn't see me either).  I dont know how you guys get through the show so quick.  I always walk every row twice because I miss so much on the first go round because of the crowds (cant get to the tables or see what they got).  I also like to make mental notes on pricing on different tables and go back to purchase on the second trip (unless something is just a great deal).  Well maybe we will be better organized for the december show.  got to save up some more pennies
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:04:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Did anyone notice the dealer that had signs stating "Cell phone use prohibited at this table"?

What's the deal with that?
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:44:25 AM EDT
[#48]
Yeah, I say that too and it struck me weird as well. My only thought was that they had some sort of wireless thing for credit card transactions but have no clue of the real reason.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:09:58 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Did anyone notice the dealer that had signs stating "Cell phone use prohibited at this table"?

What's the deal with that?

What were his prices like?
Maybe he loses alot of business when guys call a friend to check on a price and find out he's ripping them off!

Just a guess
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:18:26 AM EDT
[#50]
That's a thought too. I went both days and on Sat was writing down some prices so I could research them before returning Sun. Some guys were giving me dirty looks for doing so.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top