Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2005 9:49:37 AM EDT
The title says it all
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:43:25 PM EDT
[#1]
what happened?
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 5:28:19 AM EDT
[#2]
It was a self defense shooting of an "unarmed" person if I recall.  The bullet is as follows: underage kids go to a motel....get drunk...get thrown out of motel....go across the street to an all night Wawa.....get into a fight with "Joe Average".  Joe is packing...one dead drunk punk.  

There was a lot of activity in the local paper about the choir boy who got shot, then ...."poof"... the story just went away.  I suspect that "Joe Average" was never charged but I can't confirm that.

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:35:57 AM EDT
[#3]
ah, i remember this.  They were being called "kids", but they were all 17-20 and there was 6 of them and they engaged him.  It was actually a wawa in bensalem

Completely justified in my opinion.

Ability: 6 grown men actively beating him

Opportunity: They were actively beating him

Intent: They were actively beating him

Duty to escape: He was getting his ass stomped.

I'm a pretty solid martial artist, but i'd be in trouble against 6 guys regardless of what kind of non-lethal weapons i could deploy.  Using lethal force is not only justified, but completely neccecary.

Af course, according to the family of the deceased their little angel was trying to "break up the fight"  Of course they'd somehow know better than the shooter what was going on.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:45:01 PM EDT
[#4]
The statement which bothered me the most came from the mother of the slain youth.  She remarked that he should not have had a gun to shoot her son.  I think that her son should not have used his friends to beat up on one person
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:53:44 AM EDT
[#5]
The DA looked at the facts and decided not to charge the guy.

Then people were protesting at the WAWA against the DA's desicion.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 10:58:28 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Then people were protesting at the WAWA against the DA's desicion.

Yeah, idiots.

The guy who did the shooting made a good decision keeping himself anonomous.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:26:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Its ashame this guy does not have a more  solid case(maybe he does i dont know all the facts)he should sue the parents of all kids especially those under 18 (curfew) and under 21 (drinking age).  Oh and why not sue the beer companys if they didn't make so much beer maybe this wouldn't have happened.

just my .02
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:27:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Mike,

It's funny I was thinking the very same thing.  A civil case against the parents of the minors and against the assets of those over 18.  My wouldn't that serve a chilling message.  I will never happen of course but we can dream!

Gary
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:34:41 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Finally, the good news i've been waiting for.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:16:51 PM EDT
[#10]
he probably thought of suing but his lawyer probably correctly told him that it's not worth stirring shit up since he probably escaped prosecution by one human interest news story.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 1:51:49 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't mean to intrude on the PA HT forum, but I'm from Trevose PA and I know that Wawa this shooting happened at.  I left for WA in 1992 when I joined the Navy and always try to go back to PA every year or so.  Man...the food is just not the same.  Anyways I was just browsing the HT forums and happen to run across this thread.  I'm just glad this gun did not get charged.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 12:25:50 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I don't mean to intrude on the PA HT forum, but I'm from Trevose PA and I know that Wawa this shooting happened at.  I left for WA in 1992 when I joined the Navy and always try to go back to PA every year or so.  Man...the food is just not the same.  Anyways I was just browsing the HT forums and happen to run across this thread.  I'm just glad this gun did not get charged.

You just need to get your cheesesteak and hoagie fix.  My buddy said the same thing after going to school in maine.  He must eat 10,000 calories a day while he's home.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top