Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2005 5:34:07 PM EDT
Questions on selling guns out of state through an FFL.   If say Joe blow wanted to buy a gun from me and he lives in Flordia.  And Joe blow sends my FFL a copy of his FFL and then my FFL sends them one also.  And I package the gun up and  he is going to ship it meaning my ffl.   I guess what I'm trying to say does a PA FFL have to put the gun in there name to ship it out of state to another FFL.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:39:03 AM EDT
[#1]
I think so.  I think they are the "official" shipper, and they are going to have to get the S/N off the gun anyway, so just bring them the open box and let them handle it
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:46:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Why involve your FFL at all?  If you are selling to Joe Blow, my understanding is you can ship directly to Joe Blow's FFL yourself.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:49:45 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Why involve your FFL at all?  If you are selling to Joe Blow, my understanding is you can ship directly to Joe Blow's FFL yourself.

Yes, you can do this if Joe's FFL will accept from a non FFL.  

Some don't.  Joe should be able to tell you though.

ETA, You still need to get a signed in ink copy of their FFL to CYA and to do the shpping legally.  It is also wise to check against the FFL directory to confim it is a legit copy.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:19:01 PM EDT
[#4]
you can now use a faxed copy, the dealer if they accept shipped guns from non ffl holders,can fax you a copy.....its legit,atf changed it
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:13:01 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
you can now use a faxed copy, the dealer if they accept shipped guns from non ffl holders,can fax you a copy.....its legit,atf changed it

elray is correct the ATF changed the law on that. However, be very careful with a faxed copy. Some faxes come out pretty crappy and the ATF says you must have a "Legible" copy. If there is anything on that fax copy of the FFL that cannot be read, it is not valid and you cannot ship. If it is readable, then you must go to the ATF website:

ATF FFL EZ CHECK

and make sure that the FFL is valid and current before you ship the firearm. I always write on the FFL when I went to the ATF site to validate the FFL. I mark the date and time directly on it and initial it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top