Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2005 7:58:04 PM EDT
For those of you who missed the summer shoot,  http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=136943&perpage=30&pagenumber=1  (see pics on page two)
The "late summer" or "early fall" shoot is comming up rapidly --- about two weeks or so
see the thread at :  http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=145641
 Dont think we'll have a car this time but if the usual players show up plenty of FAL's AR's 1919's 50 bmg rifles  etc etc --bring something to cook and some tracers for the twilight tracer shoot before we shut down for the day --we had about  10 -12 folks rapid firing tracers at the 600 yard steel just at dusk and unfortunetly no-one took a photo (!!) Always a good time at Rodgers place and I will be out there with the die hards Friday night camping out and Saturday too --dont know if I will be able to stay sunday all day.............. Gonna try and have the new 180b in hand by the time I get out there Friday as I have yet in 5 or so years to show up at one of Rodgers shoots without some thing "virgin" to break in. Right near Central City in westen PA near to Altoona/Johnstown area and about an hour or so from Pitt. Worth it for the good times if you can make it Hope to see at least a few of your there IM for specific directions to the site.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:02:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I live near Ebensburg (between altoona/johnstown).  I'd be interested in going.  I can come Saturday from morning until 2 or 3 (work 4-mid)... and any time sunday.  I have a HK-91 and a AR-15.  Where is the event held?  Please email me at [email protected] with more info.  Thank and look forward to hearing from you.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:12:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Will also need directions...
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 11:33:40 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll put in on my calendar. I just moved into the area(Westmont) last month and ned to get out shooting for a while.

PS ditto on directions.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:25:20 PM EDT
[#4]
How much ammo do you recommend?  I have 200 for the HK and can pick up some .223 for the AR.  Nothin compared to what you guys bring from the looks of it but I'm a poor college student so it'll have to do.  What type of weapons are typical.  I'm guessing AR's, AK's, .50's ... that sort of stuff.  Anything out of the ordinary?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:29:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Directions on the way asap.
I (and this is just me mind you) typiclly bring about 3K .308  a couple of cases of 5.56 and some 30-06 8mm 7.62x39 etc What I dont shoot I either take home or sell some if somebody runs short. I usually make a group buy ammo run to Dans and have in the past dragged in there with 30,000 rounds in mixed calibers. The folks comming west from Harrisburg usually bring some stuff too...
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:16:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Went out there this morning for a while.
Great bunch of people.
Had a good time.
I will plan on spending more time at the next shoot.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:16:16 AM EDT
[#7]
DAMN IT !

I missed it again.

I 've been checking in on this area of
Arfcom once in a while JUST to find out when this get together happens.

Somehow,I missed the post.

I'm on vacation this week to !

If I can ever catch word about this get together far enough ahead
of time to schedule some time off ,I'll be there.

Me ,the old lady ,my PTR ,her SKS ,and a couple thousand rounds.

Shooting at an event with other people interested in military style
weapons is MUCH more fun than shooting at the "Walnut stock
Blued rifle club" .
I want to dump some full mags and test some gear !
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 3:14:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Glad you made it out 9supercomp, pleasure to meet you. I just got back a few minuites ago and started unpacking the truck.
 Had alot of fun with asmodeuses class 3 stuff including dumping a full c-mag full auto in what felt like 6.5 seconds. Tried to bump and AK into failure and while we fried the lower Hg and burnt the upper right off the gun she kept on rockin and rollin as long as we had mags. The new AR180b ran flawless right out of the box and chambered even wolf no problem --likes: this gun is LIGHT and even after 7-8 full mags the receiver and action had very little fouling inside, dislikes : no A2 rear sight, and the hg's NEED heat shields, the muzzle brake and lack of folder will be solved  as time goes on . All in all we had a great time cant wait for the next one.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 3:44:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top