Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2005 11:48:19 AM EDT
I am looking for a club to join and I am trying to find a CMP affiliated club.  I live just north of Valley Forge and both Lower Providence Rod & Gun Club and Kimberton Fish and Game are close but both have limited ranges (Distance) as well as round limits...  they are also quite expensive.

Does anybdoy here belong to Boyertown Rod & Gun Club at 295 Sunset Hill Rd Boyertown PA?

I am curious if they have any quarky rules and what kind of ranges they have.  I am also curious about their DCM/CMP matches and if anybody has contact info and mebership fee info.

I still have a membership to a club out inn Lancaster county but at about 1.5-hr drive each way it is a bit of a PITA and they don't do DCM/CMP....

Thanks in advance for any advise...
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 2:21:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:27:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Forget it...
It's run by a bunch of Elmer Fudds...

I stopped by in the Spring and looked the place over...  It's your typical hunter-run type club with silly ass rules and such. I don't remember the specifics, but I do remember driving away pissed off that I wasted the time and gas to check it out.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:31:52 AM EDT
[#3]
I belong to Lower Providence.  And I admit it is a bit expensive and also has some limitations for the rifle range, but they do have a qualifier now to make you exempt of the round limit.  

Althoug when I followed the round limit rule, anyone else on the range told me to just load my magazines up (you should have seen me sitting there with 30 plus mags stacked on the bench, all with one round in each, doing one handed tactical reloads after each shot).

It's just so close I keep my membership up for those quick trips.  They also do CMP, but travel to New Holland to use their facility due to not having a 100 yd range at LPRG (the Range Commitee still is optimistic they will get this approved).  I've been in the area for a long time and I haven't found anything better that's associated with CMP.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top