Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2005 3:50:24 PM EDT

Could this be true that there will be another gun show @ monroeville expo mart?

The reason I ask is I saw a billboard with the date to be sept 24,25?

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:00:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I heard that they will have them there atleast for the rest of the year. But I think the PGCA wants a new venue as much as the expo mart wants them out. At the last show the expo was giving the vendors a hard time about AR-15's and similiar guns. They wanted them pulled from the vendors tables. I think the expo mart is managed by Feinstein, Schumer, and Kerry management.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:40:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:35:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I got my news letter in the mail today from the PGCA.  The Show Is On!

Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:17:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll definately be there.    

And I'm bringing my AR-15 to buy a sling for, just so i can carry it around all friggin' day to spite the expomanagement.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 1:34:30 PM EDT
[#5]
What's the deal on carrying a gun around at that show?  I assume it has to be unloaded even if you have a CCW in Pa, correct?
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 2:00:17 PM EDT
[#6]
I saw billboards around town for the show, so it must be on.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:52:46 PM EDT
[#7]
i'll be there and looking to sell a browning hi-power in 40cal.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:45:16 PM EDT
[#8]
I was thinking of bringing the A2 along also - for sale at a ridiculous price -might be a good recruitment tool for new members!
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 11:50:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Drove past the Expo this morning.  Their electronic billboard is advertising the show.  I may stop in for some ammo.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:29:54 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
i'll be there and looking to sell a browning hi-power in 40cal. hr

Good luck.   I was browsing for ANY hi-power there and it took me 3 shows to pick up a FM 9mm hi power.   I think your best bet will be Braverman's in the front right corner (usually).  I know they have one for about $500.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:19:31 PM EDT
[#11]
I'll be there!
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 10:27:19 AM EDT
[#12]
My show after action report:
Arrived around 10am show wasnt very busy but got real busy real fast.
I saw a few guys with AR's slung some for sale some not. I have a feeling that some of those guys were arfcommers. I was pleased to see a little more Evil rifle stuff of all kinds at the show. The table with all the full auto thompsons was cool. The Barrett M82a1 gave me wood! I wish I had the $7500 for it. The same guy had a full auto FNC too!. Ammo prices were decent I picked up 1.000 rds of the M855pd for 189.00 and they had XM193 in the box not the PD for 109.00 per 500 rds I got a box of that too. I thought the XM193 was all dried up ammoman has been out of it for a while. He is even out of the XM193PD too. They had British ss109 radway green for 175.00 per 900rds on strippers. I wanted to get some but my pocket was empty already.I picked up some targets and a Dewey coated cleaning rod. Mag prices could stand to come down a little, I wanted to get some but the ammo burned up my show budget. The military show side was small with not much to look at. Overall I thought it was a good show. There was no annoucements about taking AR's off the tables and there was plenty of them out too. I was browsing for a M1A but only 1 table had them and 1 guy selling one off his shoulder. Doesnt matter anyway I dont have the money for it yet.  Lots of Mausers and Mosins around. My buddy got a nice russian capture k98 for 189.00  Oh well I better start saving for the next show. I still need a couple of slings, some mags, a M-1 gas cylinder, and some AR bayonets and ....and....and......
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 11:39:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Snakerun has Q3131 (not Q3131A) by the case - dealer says it is new production and certainly appears so (lot is WK80 and boxes were factory sealed) - 3131A is just about dried up, and the lots of 3131 that had issues were from the late 90's... bad lots from MD AR site. I have a thread up in the ammo asking for confirmation of vintage of this lot.

Also saw some of the new UAE (Adcom?) M855 at another table (both in the same row, 2/3 of the way to the back)

If looking for the 3131 and can't catch the show, try them by phone, website is out of date and does not list 3131, other shows they will be at in the W PA/E OH area: http://www.snakerun.com/show%20schedule.htm
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:57:43 PM EDT
[#14]
any of you guys see any ak receivers there?
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:42:28 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
any of you guys see any ak receivers there?

I didnt see any. Lots of complete rifles though.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 5:55:53 AM EDT
[#16]
I didn't notice any finished recievers.

Some guy had flats for $20 ea.  There were a bunch of Romy kits for $99, a Polish underfolder kit with accessories for $220 (I think) and a Polish UF kit for $190, no accessories.

My only score was a Romanian side folder for $45.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 6:36:38 PM EDT
[#17]
got rid of the 40 and bought another ak. wasnt much going on there  got a side folder also  $50
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:43:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Post Show Report:

Got there after lunch....not a capacity crowd by any means and lots of empty tables.

Did anyone notice the extra rent-a-cops this show....they were everywhere (mostly busting cell phone users)

I saw alot of firearms instructors packing heat this show also....not sure what was up with that.

I went on a mission to find a quality Kydex holster for my Clock 19 and could not find ONE that was a regular belt rig.....sad.

Next I needed a UFIR for my M4 ....again non to be had....sader.

Talked to a guy from out of town that had 6 tables of high end blades and he said the show sucked....asked me ..does anyone spend money in Pittsburgh...???

Rows A thru E seem to be the same guys every time with the same guns and stuff...they just keep hauling the same thing in there every couple months.

Did anyone see any good prices on 7.62 X 39 ammo??? I comletely forgot to look....I had heard the stuff is getting short and prices are going up. I had a NIB Ruger Mini-14 I was hoping to trade for an AK but didn't see a quality one in the place....Kinda wanted a Poly or Bulgarian.  I did see the kits in the bags though as mentioned before.

Saw the usual M-1 again...I did see on the other side a Winchester barreled receiver..the guy wanted $350 for it..it had an SA rebarrel on it.  Not bad considering the crasy prices these are going for on the CMP auction.

Snagged an M-7 bayo for $12.00 and a new mag pouch for my 20's for $4.

That is all...see you all again in November. I really should just join the PGCA...I go to every show so that is $6 X 6 shows a year or $36.00    What are the dues to the club???
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 1:32:19 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I really should just join the PGCA...I go to every show so that is $6 X 6 shows a year or $36.00    What are the dues to the club???

It is $38.00 your first year and drops down after that. I can't remember how much it is after your first year but it's worth joining. You will need 2 current members to "sign" for you on your application but my brother and I are both members so we got you covered there. Get an application next show and we can go from there.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 3:14:31 AM EDT
[#20]
All the 7.62x39 ammo I saw was at least $105/k.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top