Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/9/2005 4:53:20 PM EDT
Thought this might be worth a shot...

My company is going through some management changes and I don't really believe any position is secure there anymore.  All they want to do is cut costs and go for an IPO next year... which means fast cost cutting to look good on paper.  On that note, I am looking for a better opportunity.

I have 5 years of professional web development experience, most heavily in ASP.NET/C#.  I have done Windows services, web services and the occasional Windows app.  Also, I'm a loyal worker... I've been working for this company for almost 5 years and wouldn't have been looking now if I wasn't afraid of our whole department losing their jobs due to restructuring.

So... if anyone has any positions like this in the North Pittsburgh (or above) area, let me know and I'll give you more detail.  I'm preferring something near Cranberry or RIDC, because I'm settled in and own my own house, in a good school district so I don't really want to relocate.

I wish I didn't have to look around... I don't think there's a left-winger in our department!!
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:59:08 AM EDT
[#1]
No, we do all in house - by me! But I will forward any leads I come across. Dont forget to post on Monster.com, etc.  You should have no prob finding a new place to work. With your skills you should start your own business and work from home!
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 12:03:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I would like to eventually work from home... I team up with my friend from high school, who also happens to be the guitar player for our band, he's a prodigal graphics designer.  He does wonderfully working for himself.  He's designed for Ford, Dick's Sporting Goods, Nissan, and all kinds of BIG clients by himself but I don't have the networking needed to fill up my schedule yet.  He occassionally does websites, and brings me in for them, but he also does store layouts, airport planning, etc. which means that on a good website year I could make 80k with him, and the next year if he has the other types of projects I could make next to nothing.  Unfortunately I am not a graphics guy and trying to do it myself wouldn't do justice to the programming that I can do.

I have my resume on Monster, I have had some hits and a few interviews... actually may be close to an offer on one of them... but I'd like to see what's out there rather than take the first job that comes along.  Working alongside arfcommers would be a bonus!

Regarding freelance work, I also have a family to support so I would like to have something steady to provide for them.  Someday I may have the guts to strike out on my own...
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:20:25 PM EDT
[#3]
My full-time job is an Insurance Adjuster. The company I was working for closed their local office so I ended up looking for a new paycheck. I posted on Monster.com and got a few hits. The best results I got was after I used a service called Resume Rabbit. Add the ".com" for their web site. It costs $60 and they post your resume on over 75 job hunting web sites. After I used them I got about 3 calls a week. Just thought I would throw this info out there for you. FWIW.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top