Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/7/2005 9:59:13 PM EDT
The families have been notified.

Two A Co 1-111th IN, Pennsylvania National Guard out of Philadelphia, soldiers were killed in action on Saturday in Samarra when an IED detonated on their HMMWV. These were our first fatalities in the company since we arrived last December. Another one of our soldiers was wounded and MEDEVACed out to Germany.

They were fine men. We shall miss them and carry their memories in our hearts forever.

Pray for the families.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:15:25 AM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:19:13 AM EDT
[#2]
It's always very hard when anyone is killed or injured.

Their honor of duty and service will be remembered long past when the hostilities end.

I thank them all for their bravery and sacrifice.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:31:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 1:32:58 PM EDT
[#4]
It's always hard to hear that a soldier(s) has died but it seems even worse when they are local guys.  My most sincere apprecation and thanks for their service and their sacrafice.  God Bless all of them.

I will keep their familys' in my prayers
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 3:51:05 PM EDT
[#5]
My condolences to the families and those who served with them.
Many thanks to all of you for your honorable service and the sacrifices you make for our country.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:01:31 PM EDT
[#6]
My thoughts and prayers are with them & their families. Thank you to the rest of you guys who are serving our country! May GOD go before you and follow you into battle to protect the rest of you. Be safe, stay alert and shoot straight. GOD Bless!!
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:30:09 PM EDT
[#7]
We lost 4 more from our company on Wednesday night.

I am beyond words at this point.

Pray for their families left behind.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 1:26:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
We lost 4 more from our company on Wednesday night.

I am beyond words at this point.

Pray for their families left behind.

I read about them this morning in the Daly News.  From how the paper talked about them they seemed like really great guys.  It's is an extremely a horrible loss for our state.

My heart and prayers goes out to each of their families, I hope that they can at least find comfort in knowing their sons died protecting our country.

May God bless them and keep them safe in heaven.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:56:44 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
It's always hard to hear that a soldier(s) has died but it seems even worse when they are local guys.  My most sincere apprecation and thanks for their service and their sacrafice.  God Bless all of them.

I will keep their familys' in my prayers

THEY ARE ALL LOCAL GUYS (to someone)!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top