Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2005 6:20:32 PM EDT
Just lettin y'all know that I now work there part-time at the gun counter...
I started last Wednesday.
I'll be there a few nights a week from 6pm-9pm, and Sundays from 10am-5pm.

Stop in and say hi if you are bored...

They have an indoor range, and are full auto friendly. Pistol caliber stuff only... (2000fps or less)
Range rents for $12 person
Rent a gun for $10 (No MG rentals though)

Transfers are $30 + $5 for background check.

ART
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:53:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Hey Art...  I live in Phoenixville...

I did not know they would let us shoot NFA stuff in their range...  you are indicating that I can use my 9mm UZI, MACs or 9mm Upper wit the LL there?

I will need to drop in an introduce myself some night...
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:52:44 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Hey Art...  I live in Phoenixville...

I did not know they would let us shoot NFA stuff in their range...  you are indicating that I can use my 9mm UZI, MACs or 9mm Upper wit the LL there?

I will need to drop in an introduce myself some night...

That is correct...  Pistol caliber stuff only.
There was a guy in there on Sunday, shooting a Thompson...

They are actually pretty NFA friendly.
Most of the gun dept staff are armed behind the counter, and also most have AR's & AK's at home too...

Stop in and say hi...  This week I'm working Wed/Thurs/Fri 6pm to 9pm, and Sunday all day...

ART
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:26:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Congrats on the job.    I haven't been there in a while but they've always had good pricing on the FFL xfers.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:03:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Yup, I'm a member there ($200/yr, but if you go there often enough pays for itself vs. the hourly rate rather quickly), and have been there pretty often over the last month or so trying to work the bugs out of a .22 kit for my m11/9.    I've only seen one other MG shooter there so far, an older guy with a Thompson - perhaps the same guy mentioned.   He was pretty funny - would just dump a mag every 5 minutes or so a then start hooting and cackling.   I ever so innocently offered to let him shoot mine (I really wanted to shoot the Thompson! ;) ), which of course he then reciprocated.   We got to talking, and he lamented selling his HK sear for $1K way back when, as he heard he could have gotten $3-4K now.   I don't think he really believed me when I told him what they were really going for now.

Paper punching indoors isn't exactly the most fun you can have shooting FA, but its about all there is around here.   They price their guns pretty high, so I haven't bought much there, but occasionally I've come across some good deals on used guns there.   They used to offer a 10% discount (not on firearms) for members of other area clubs, but I'm not sure if they still do that.

Art - what's up with the extra record keeping they seem to do, though?  IIRC, they copied my info to another (non-professional) looking form, including name, SSN, I think even phone#, photocopied my DL, make model and serial of the gun.   When I inquired it was claimed to be a Chester County thing - while most of my purchases were done in MontoCo shops, I don't recall seeing this elsewhere in Chester County, plus I would think PA's UFA would prohibit the county from making that requirement.    I didn't make a stink about it, as I figure it anyone is going to go door to door, I'm already on enough lists that it doesn't matter, but it still didn't please me.   Any idea now that you got the inside track?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:09:24 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Art - what's up with the extra record keeping they seem to do, though?  IIRC, they copied my info to another (non-professional) looking form, including name, SSN, I think even phone#, photocopied my DL, make model and serial of the gun.   When I inquired it was claimed to be a Chester County thing - while most of my purchases were done in MontoCo shops, I don't recall seeing this elsewhere in Chester County, plus I would think PA's UFA would prohibit the county from making that requirement.    I didn't make a stink about it, as I figure it anyone is going to go door to door, I'm already on enough lists that it doesn't matter, but it still didn't please me.   Any idea now that you got the inside track?

I noticed the same thing in the past when buying guns from them, and it almost changed my mind about buying from them. I'll check into it, but I get the impression that it's strictly a "CYA" measure on the part of the owners. Although I could be wrong, I seriously doubt that it's a "county requirement."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top