Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/26/2005 4:13:38 PM EDT
See thread :
http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=1227883#post1227883

We usually start out camping out on site Friday nite( no camping facilities --strictly roughing it but after we get set up it is usually pretty comfy) and shoot all day sat and sun.
This is our fifth annual shoot and 3rd or so at this site. All legal firearms are welcome. BYO food, ammo etc. Beer etc after the shooting concludes for the day. Directions avialable upon request.

For the uninitiated --last years spring shoot :
http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=109543
Link Posted: 5/2/2005 3:24:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm REALLY interested in going to this shoot.

I'm having my HK G3 rabarrelled right now,I
don't think it will be back in time.

I REALLY wanted to try it out at 300yards and 600 yards to !

This isn't that far from me either.
If not this year,thenI'll try next year.

If /when I get there,I hope you have another vehicle
to plink at long range !

Link Posted: 5/3/2005 10:04:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Well if it turns out You cant make this one we usually have a summer and winter shoot each year also. Be glad to have you. The MD crew is a great group and we always manage to have a memorable time. We have steel out to 600yrds (approx) and a twilight tracer shoot and more than a few black powder propelled beer can motar rounds.
Link Posted: 5/4/2005 1:10:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Black powder propelled beer can mortars ?

KICK ASS !

Reminds me about our plaster mortars we made as kids.

Reinforced pipes ,cannon fuse ,black powder ,and we cast our
own plaster mortar rounds !

All it did was throw plaster ,but it was fun !

I'll have to remember to pick up some extra tracers to.
Link Posted: 5/4/2005 10:03:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Well if you take a look at this one from last years summer shoot:
www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=113727&perpage=30&pagenumber=3 which should be page 3 tab down to the photos and among other things you get an Idea of the typical,including the beer can motar, "weekend at rodgers" BTW the fouth pic was of the PA SP paying us a visit and all they did was make sure we were being safe. The one further down is a little flame thrower "night fire" demo
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 5:13:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Can you email me directions, thanks.
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 8:58:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Bump
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 7:28:05 PM EDT
[#8]
for those that didnt get to make it, link to pics...
share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeAOW7hqyZuGTDrA

page 2 has some good ones of the car going up in flames after a pounding of APIT set the interior alight --then a round found the not quite empty gas tank ...................
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 3:02:17 PM EDT
[#9]
NICE !

I wish my HK would have made it back from the shop in time.
If it's back before your next event I plan on attending.

At this time I would like to thank

Ohio Rapid Fire   -for not having my rifle fixed in time.

I purchased one of their HK G3 clones in October of 2004 .

At the furthest sight adjustment it was 6 inches off target at 50 yards.
It also had a 10 % failure to fire rate.
I have sent it back 3 times for repairs and have now waited 7 MONTHS
for a functioning rifle.

For those who would like an interesting story about how ORF operates,
please visit   http://www.hkweaponsystems.com to read the REALLY long story.

If your considering purchasing one of their firearms EDUCATE YOURSELF
about them.

Not that I'm bitter or anything .   hand I get my money back so I can buy a PTR.

By then ,I'll REALLY need to blow off some steem.  
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 3:59:30 PM EDT
[#10]
If you look back at the original thread P95carry was nice enough to post some of the after photos of the burnt out shell of the car. and more in the FAL pics section.

You shoulda come anyway there was plenty of hardware to go around --almost evrybody got a round or two with the anzio or barret and we coulda used a few more shooters for the twilight tracer shoot Karl toted alot of tracer rounds back home......

I brought out my G3 and left all my mags home so i never got the chance to shoot it. by the time I pulled it out of the case no-one with any HK mags was still around.

The new 20" A2 shot great and only took a few rounds to get zeroed and after that she was bangin gongs out to 400 all day long. fired approx 500 rounds with absolutely no jams or failures of any kind. All I need to do now is fine tune the zero on the carbine and it'll be GTG.

here ya go check these out.....
www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=1249323#post1249323
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top