Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2005 1:04:21 PM EDT
Dont' forget to make sure all of the propane tanks are EMPTY before you commence firing.  Hope
Matt
Link Posted: 3/5/2005 1:32:10 PM EDT
[#1]
You should come Matt.......hell, even Gary is coming.
Link Posted: 3/5/2005 1:37:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Wish I could Ray but it's my weekend for the on call rotation.
Link Posted: 3/5/2005 6:04:27 PM EDT
[#3]
<waving>...... I'll be there!  Filling up the water jugs as we speak!

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 3/5/2005 7:27:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Mags loaded....car packed and ready to shove off at 0630hrs.....  sweet dreams all...

Gary
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 1:47:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Up and Adam Sleepyheads!.......  Pottsville awaits....!

That is all....

Gary
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 4:24:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Damn Gary you don't sleep do you ? Have fun guys, I'm packing my bags and I'm off to Amsterdam.
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 1:13:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Someone needs to come clean these damned guns now..................Mikey, Matt??
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 1:26:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Very funny Ray. Did any of the milk jugs or bowling pins make it out alive?
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 2:00:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Milk jugs launched when Gary and his son hit them with 55gr rounds.......and were equally spectacular in their deaths when the 7.62 X 39 found them........there are several bowling pins that are now in pieces, along with 1 Subaru exhaust system that couldn't take the 160yd pounding the AR-10 gave it.
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 2:49:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Fun times had by all.  You do need to bring lots of ammo if you make one of these trips.  Ray graciously suspended the five (5) shot rule.    Here are a few pics for those who couldn't join us.

Regards,
Gary

Link Posted: 3/6/2005 4:09:24 PM EDT
[#11]
And I've saved the best for last.  It is great to see that some guys are lucky enough to have a wife who enjoys our hobby.  Ray, you are indeed a blessed man....as are you Mike.  I checked but I have none of your lovely bride....

Regards,
Gary

Link Posted: 3/6/2005 4:13:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Aww shucks..........and you wouldn't be saying that if you had to split your gun money in half. $900+ on a rifle last week...and it wasn't even on MY rifle.

Link Posted: 3/7/2005 4:03:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Where do you all go to shoot at targets more interesting than paper?  I am in Spring City and the only decent place I've found is the Kimberton R&G Club, but it is all paper there.  Looks like you had a great time!
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 8:40:21 AM EDT
[#14]
I had a great time Sunday, I need to start bringing more rounds though.....
couple of things I learned this weekend....

1- Bump firing is fun...

2- Gary's kid is a great shot already and probably had more fun than any of us did...

3- You can't beat the Cabela's buffet lunch...

4- Apparently I need to be driving a truck of some sort.....

5- And beware the steaming snow....and I won't point any fingers here....
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 10:04:48 AM EDT
[#15]
'Splain to me how it's any different dropping the kids off in a pool or on the ground? Both ways get rid of them and as long as ya clean up after them and wash up (fresh snow is a great source of water) when you're done I just don't see a problem..............you city boys need to get out more.
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 10:17:47 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
'Splain to me how it's any different dropping the kids off in a pool or on the ground? Both ways get rid of them and as long as ya clean up after them and wash up (fresh snow is a great source of water) when you're done I just don't see a problem..............you city boys need to get out more.

hey, I didn't say there was anything wrong with it.........I just added to my "beware the yellow snow" "beware the steaming snow", you did say it was steaming right?
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 1:22:25 PM EDT
[#17]
The snow wasn't.
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 2:27:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 3:04:40 PM EDT
[#19]
WHERED you guys shoot at? near cabellas? mike
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 3:08:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Just a little north of Pottsville....
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 3:12:56 PM EDT
[#21]
I thought I was the only one who knew about that place on ARFCOM!  I go up there a few times a year because my family's from Pottsville.  
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 3:18:19 PM EDT
[#22]
We'll be up there on every Sunday that doesn't have a race on.  
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 3:27:48 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
We'll be up there on every Sunday that doesn't have a race on.  

I'll have to join you guys up there soon.  I suck at shooting because I'm always on the internet, though!
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 3:38:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 3:45:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Nope......that's race day range....that way I get home in time to watch the roundy-round boys.
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 4:22:19 PM EDT
[#26]
There is a place for both Pottsville and W&W.  I had a great time but is is nice having indoor facilities when mother nature calls  

In other news, I will soon be joining the "bolt action crowd"....yes me.....I never thought I would.  I have ordered a Tactical bolt gun, NightForce 22x scope and a case of Black Hills .308 Match ammo....  look out 500 yard targets...here I come.

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 4:23:58 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
look out 500 yard targets...here I come, and my Expedition won't miss.........

Regards,
Gary

Link Posted: 3/9/2005 2:50:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Hmmmmmmmmmmm.......perhaps I'll be like someone else we all know and just take a nice stroll down to the 500 yard target.  Yeah that sounds like a good plan!

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 9:02:15 AM EDT
[#29]
is it a private range? can you shoot full auto? and when do you shoot? is it open to all? i could bring some toys down maybe- let me know! [email protected]  im in bethlehem
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 10:02:55 AM EDT
[#30]
I would be interested also.
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 10:27:34 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
is it a private range?
no, public
can you shoot full auto?
yeah pretty sure you can
and when do you shoot? is it open to all?
Sunday Mornings when NASCAR isn't an early race so the NASCAR fans con go home and watch the race, and yes if we go up there and you want to meet up there, we'd be more than happy to have more fellow shooters with cool toys come up and shoot

The next time we make the haul up there, there will most likely be a thread running here, cause the NASCAR fans(you know who you are) know the schedule and will let everyone know if we're gonna be there.  Of course, if you want to come shoot with us, we all shoot every Sunday morning at Water and Wings near Quakertown from 9am until about noon-1pm.  We'd be glad to have more people along!
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 1:43:12 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm not sure about FA at Pottsville, I'll have to check with Brandt............Water and Wings is not FA friendly however thanks to the influx of NY liberal maggots that have moved into the area and are trying to get the place closed down.
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 2:10:00 PM EDT
[#33]
I would not see why FA would be a problem at Pottsville?  Trouble is I'm not sure anyone knows who actually owns the land that "range" sits on?  It goes without saying that any FA shooters should bring their Form 4s with them.  It may also be prudent to alert the local PD to avoid any potential overreaction.  

Someone more familiar with that area would need to chime in and let us know which juristiction patrols that piece of real estate.

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 4:25:31 AM EDT
[#34]
Brandt has said numerous times that locals shoot their Class III's there quite often..as long as the paperwork is there, and possibly let the local PD know, I'm sure it's okay..
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 4:45:19 PM EDT
[#35]
well all i have is my 9mm mac in full auto, and yes its legit and yes i have copies of the paperwork in tow where ever i take it. right now, the ONLY damn place i know of to shoot this thing is indoors, and lets face it, its expensive as hell and it sucks. i wanna shoot some water jugs at like 1300 rpm and clear my 50 round mags in 3 seconds if i want to. again, ill keep my eye out here fotr the next trip. mike
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 6:48:37 AM EDT
[#36]
I'd like to tag along for the next outing.  Getting tired of putting holes in pieces of paper.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 8:56:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Where around Pottsville was it?

Being from Frackville (and now living much further to the south) I'm not familiar with the surrounding area.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 11:46:24 AM EDT
[#38]
do ya think they would care if you shot Tannerite targets there?(pottsville)

I still have a few left from a while back and my local club won't let me shoot them there, they almost suspended my membership indefinetly when i shot one on there plinking range.  It didn't say anything about them in the rules, but I think it pissed off the BULLSEYE guys.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top