Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2005 12:39:24 PM EDT
I did the online request for the FL permit.    Here a lot faster than I thought.

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:29:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you have a PA permit ?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:46:14 AM EDT
[#2]
yep   had one for years now
 I am lokkong at doing the carry in Del  when on vacation.....   well not really carry but have the ABILITY to carry  if needed....   then again  I do  have that   25 apc sitting in the safe
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 4:50:26 AM EDT
[#3]
How are you guys handling the "training" requirement?  I checked the florida web site but couldn't find any specifics on how out of state applications would be handled.

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 5:09:24 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
How are you guys handling the "training" requirement?  I checked the florida web site but couldn't find any specifics on how out of state applications would be handled.

Regards,
Gary

If you have a local ROTC college, they may offer a handgun course. Back in the early '80's, Widner had one. Don't know about now, though.

The Fla. application spelles out all the accepted certifications; the easiest one looks to be a "Hunter Safety" certification. Any certifiable NRA or, LE training classes. .... pretty easy on the training requirement.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 1:15:47 PM EDT
[#5]
i agree- but there doesnt seem to be any hunter safety courses right not. i also just got my application, and i will write a letter to my gun range to see if they will "certify" me and have the paper notarized. i doubt it though- its a pain for them- mike
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 5:48:15 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Regards,
Gary

If you have a local ROTC college, they may offer a handgun course. Back in the early '80's, Widner had one. Don't know about now, though.

The Fla. application spelles out all the accepted certifications; the easiest one looks to be a "Hunter Safety" certification. Any certifiable NRA or, LE training classes. .... pretty easy on the training requirement.

The shooting range under the armory at widener is no longer in service despite many petitions on my behalf.  I also petetioned to start a shooting club but ROTC refused to allow use of their weapon lockers since students on campus can't keep guns and i wasn't risking the liability of letting them use the locker in my apartment.  Evedently the Army could care less if their officers can shoot straight.  over 50% of the cadets are failing to qualify 21 out of 40 shots with an M16 ar 25 yards with none of the targets being smaller than a deck of playing cards.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 1:19:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted: Regards,
Gary

If you have a local ROTC college, they may offer a handgun course. Back in the early '80's, Widner had one.  
.  over 50% of the cadets are failing to qualify 21 out of 40 shots with an M16 ar 25 yards with none of the targets being smaller than a deck of playing cards.

..Geez! at 75' there shouldn't be anything left of the "deck." .....
I took my "training" at widner to get my CCW in '86. We didn't shoot. Just class room work with the Army's shooting manual.

John
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 1:24:24 PM EDT
[#8]
well i called around and sent a letter to moy range. there is a course next weekend right outside of allentown at the firing line. 2 days. 8 - 12 each day, basic gun course. 120 bucks.  i wish i coul;d find a hunter safety course now- i would take it- mike
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 12:23:09 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted: Regards,
Gary

If you have a local ROTC college, they may offer a handgun course. Back in the early '80's, Widner had one.  
.  over 50% of the cadets are failing to qualify 21 out of 40 shots with an M16 ar 25 yards with none of the targets being smaller than a deck of playing cards.

..Geez! at 75' there shouldn't be anything left of the "deck." .....
I took my "training" at widner to get my CCW in '86. We didn't shoot. Just class room work with the Army's shooting manual.

John

Oh, you only need 5 shots on the small target.  there are 10 targets on the sheet, meant to represent the size of the military shilouette target at ranges from 50-300 yards.

The kid from texas was looking real smug with a 39/40.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top