User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2004 5:32:30 AM EDT
Got the straight scoop from some people ,
Got my Hunting license - bought a pistol,
Life is good

---------------------------------------------------------
Hi guys
I moved to PA around the first of October.
Just got my PA driver license on the 28th. (registered to vote also)

Two questions:

1. What other proof/ID is acceptable in order to buy a PA  RESIDENT Hunting license ?
    ( looks like I need to be here 30 days - still have NY hunting license for proof of Hunter Ed. )

2.  Same question regarding purchasing a pistol.
     ( I will be applying for a CCW of course , but can I buy a pistol for home / range use ,and
       do I need to wait 30 days? )

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 10:56:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Most places dont even ask for proof of hunter ed. Usually all you need is a Drivers license. As far as the pistol a DL should do it.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 11:16:07 AM EDT
[#2]
PA is a must issue State for CCW.  No courses needed.  Just valid ID.  Go to your county courthouse and see the Sherrif's Dept.  You may want to call first just to insure they have no little "quirks" that would cause you to need to make a second trip.

Welcome to the Free State of PA.  Please vote to keep it that way.

Regards,

Gary
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 2:37:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't sell hunting lic, but your household bill and DRlic  should do  for a carry permit bucks county ? just go to the court house and pay and waite (anywhere from 7 to 20 days they have up to 45)   it will come in the mail  
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:40:16 AM EDT
[#4]
You don't need a Permit to purchace a hand gun and there is no waiting period (insta check or something), it suprised me when I bought my Kahr PM9 in the spring.

P.S. there are two types of carry permits, Hunting and protection.  Apply for the Protection.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top