It was just on 10NBC news.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 3:42:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Not Good.....  

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 4:31:36 AM EDT
[#2]
where's that place located, better start loadin mags.....
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:03:51 AM EDT
[#3]
That shop had a KG99 Threaded barrel with a Front Foregrip on it. I informed the clerk of the legal issues of selling that . After about 10 minutes he finally believed me. He said "our gunsmith put the foregrip on it , we didn't know it was illegal" . For a shop that had Class III weapons I find that hard to belive.

Ignorance of the law isn't a defense.  

Matt
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:01:09 AM EDT
[#4]
This happened with the old owner.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:56:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like Edelman's
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:59:21 AM EDT
[#6]
I remember them. They had a great selection at the Camden county store.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 10:55:57 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Edelman's had a store right down on the Boulevard in Philadelphia years ago.

It was the first gun store I ever walked into. They had to be the most ignorant bunch of assholes ever!

Almost gave up buying a gun altogether.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 12:01:52 PM EDT
[#8]
I hated Edleman's!  I consider myself a clean cut, middle class guy and would often shop there in a suit and tie.  I was treated so rudely so often I would go there just to look as they had a great selection. I would then buy somewhere else.  It's been over a decade and seeing their name still makes me angry. I flat out hated the F-ing store.  God what a lousy place to shop!  I celebrated the day they closed down.  If urinating in public wasn't a crime, I'd have wee wee'd on their store the day it closed.  Good Riddence to a worthless piece of sh-t place!

Regards,
Gary

edited to clean up my language and tone down my rehtoric
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 1:33:30 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I hated Edleman's!  I consider myself a clean cut, middle class guy and would often shop there in a suit and tie.  I was treated so rudely so often I would go there just to look as they had a great selection. I would then buy somewhere else.  It's been over a decade and seeing their name still makes me angry. I flat out hated the F-ing store.  God what a lousy place to shop!  I celebrated the day they closed down.  If urinating in public wasn't a crime, I'd have wee wee'd on their store the day it closed.  Good Riddence to a worthless piece of sh-t place!

Regards,
Gary

edited to clean up my language and tone down my rehtoric

Now they own>>>>>> Edleman's is Now?
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 1:43:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Bob...you do know that Danny at Tanners came from there right?

I don't think Edelmans owns Kimber although I do know that there was a business connection of some sort.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 1:58:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 2:40:16 PM EDT
[#12]
It's true... Leslie E. owns 'em.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 2:40:51 PM EDT
[#13]
I had been told this several years ago by someone who was in the firearms business and I also read an article in one of the gun magazines.

April 5, 2003 – At the 2003 SHOT Show, Kimber® Owner and President Leslie Edelman (right) presented the first $50,000 check installment to the U.S.A. Shooting Team.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 2:47:31 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I don't think Edelmans owns Kimber although I do know that there was a business connection of some sort.

I was at Tanners once, so I'm not to familiar with the staff.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 2:50:20 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I'm horrible with names. Which one is Danny?

Link Posted: 10/22/2004 3:16:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Stocky with dark hair and the beard. Wears glasses.....one of the nicest guys you'll ever do business with.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 3:38:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Good that he escaped the evil clutchs of the waste of space Leslie Edleman's Inc.  May they rot in gunstore hell...!    To my dying day I will hate that F-ing store!  Sadly the store didn't burn down the day after their insurance lapsed!  

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 4:19:24 PM EDT
[#18]
I remmeber it there too. I live not far from where it was now.. There was one in montgonerville only a few years ago.. But they are gone too

Frank

Quoted:

Quoted:

Edelman's had a store right down on the Boulevard in Philadelphia years ago.

It was the first gun store I ever walked into. They had to be the most ignorant bunch of assholes ever!

Almost gave up buying a gun altogether.

Link Posted: 10/23/2004 11:31:41 AM EDT
[#19]
I guess it must be  a case of  "on  any given  day"  I    used to love to  browse Edleman's, both the Roosevelt Boulevard Store and the store in Montgomeryville.  I purchased two  guns  from them. One  was  a Colt SP1  which I bought   for under 500.00  and the other  was a  POS  Taurus  S&W  knockoff.    I  never  encountered any problems with them.  They were no better or no worse than  most of the guns stores I have  used.   I for one am always  sorry to  see any gun store  go out of business because we need the viability  and the competition in the market.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top