Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2004 7:53:10 PM EDT
Hello all,

I have an AR15 in NYS (and as such it's fully post ban legal, as we never lost the AWB), and i've been invited to go shooting with some friends at their relatively laissez-faire club in Pennsylvania. I always follow NYS laws with regards to long rifle transportation (unloaded, magazines and ammo in a seperate container, and a Life Jacket lock over the upper/lower assemblies), but I'm curious if PA somehow has weirder rules when it comes to long rifle transportation?

Obviously, I don't plan on having the contents of my car's trunk (or my friend's car, if that's the case) analyzed by anyone but myself, but you never know what situations will arise.

Thanks for anyone who can let me know if my typical transportation precautions will be adequate!
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 8:34:36 PM EDT
[#1]
That sounds ok to me    
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 3:51:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 4:17:34 AM EDT
[#3]
You should be good to go. Have fun shootn'!
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 4:32:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks to everyone for the quick responses, it's much appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:54:33 PM EDT
[#5]
You should move and stay here in a Free State.
Take what I did last weekend as a nice example.

17 thirty round magazines of my own, 5 more thirties plus a reload from another Club member, plus a single 20 round magazine were expended in Class III shooting.
Monday afternoon I expended 180 more rounds zeroing in, and just plain shooting with an 11½ inch upper.

You go figure how many rounds were sent Downrange.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 3:47:15 PM EDT
[#6]
GiggleSmith,
Can I be your friend   I'm loyal !

Seriously...where are you doing that kind of shooting? I hope it's within an hour of me
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:18:42 PM EDT
[#7]
First Question, Sandman, got any extra ammo on ya?
Second Question; Where the (blank) ARE you any way? Figure my living just south of Harrisburg.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:41:36 AM EDT
[#8]
You supply the place, I got the ammo
I'm tired of having to shoot with idiots at the range and since moving here, I haven't found a good range yet. I would just love to be able to stretch it out a bit and do a little more than ask if "double taps" are ok and avoid the demeanig stare of the range officer. Seriously though, next time you guys get together, if you have room for another, I'd love to meet some of you guys and I'll bring plenty of extra ammo

I'm not too far away. I'm in Forks Twp. just north of Easton (probably about an hour away)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top