Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2004 3:38:46 PM EDT
No junk please. I looking for one I can scope.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 3:43:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Mike, give me a call at 267-246-0432.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 3:46:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm not at home, I'm at a coffee shop.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 3:47:49 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'm not at home, I'm at a coffee shop.

So buy a cell phone...

Link Posted: 10/8/2004 3:49:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't bring it with me to the coffee shop. It's my only sanctuary in the city.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 3:59:32 PM EDT
[#5]
WTF do you think you are, Sara Jessica Penn, ARs in the City????

Christ on a crutch......then call me when you're done with your latte you bonehead.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 5:11:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm not going to get a chance to call you tonight. I miss the days of being unemployed. Do you have something to sell me?[email protected]
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 5:15:02 PM EDT
[#7]
You expect me to believe you're actually working again?

Sent you an email......I can't believe you hang out in coffee shops on Friday nights AND use a friggin' MAC......I bet you're voting for Nader too aren't you?
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 5:24:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Hmmm...I had my suspisions about him!
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 6:53:54 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
You expect me to believe you're actually working again?

Sent you an email......I can't believe you hang out in coffee shops on Friday nights AND use a friggin' MAC......I bet you're voting for Nader too aren't you?

After working just about every Friday night for over 12 years bartending sitting in a nice quite coffee shop is a comfortable change. And only problem I've had with my MAC is when I dropped it down the stairs. No crashes
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 3:02:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Mike,

I visited Clayton's gun store on Rt. 611 (Easton Road) in Horsham yesterday.  They had quite a selection of FALs both original "pre-ban" and others from the likes of ARS.  If you are in the neigborhood you may want to check them out.  This store use to caiter to the bolt action crowd but things have sure have changed.  They have a rack full of evil black rifles and tons of high end optics.  The even had some ACOGs and the new Trijicon Tri-Power.  The store is just south of the intersection of Maple Ave and Rt. 611 if you want to Mapquest it in Horsham 19044.

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 3:11:23 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Mike,

I visited Clayton's gun store on Rt. 611 (Easton Road) in Horsham yesterday.  They had quite a selection of FALs both original "pre-ban" and others from the likes of ARS.  If you are in the neigborhood you may want to check them out.  This store use to caiter to the bolt action crowd but things have sure have changed.  They have a rack full of evil black rifles and tons of high end optics.  The even had some ACOGs and the new Trijicon Tri-Power.  The store is just south of the intersection of Maple Ave and Rt. 611 if you want to Mapquest it in Horsham 19044.

Regards,
Gary

I was in there just before the ban ended and their EBR prices were, shall we say, "enthusiastic."  Have they dropped them closer to something approaching reality?

Link Posted: 10/12/2004 5:56:45 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I was in there just before the ban ended and their EBR prices were, shall we say, "enthusiastic."  Have they dropped them closer to something approaching reality?

I believe that place merged with Gray's Outfitters/Montgomery Armory - which explains some of the new EBR inventory.    However, if those are the FAL's I'm thinking about, he's (Gray's) has been sitting on them for a year and a half or so at those inflated prices.   Looks like he bought out someone's collection, but none that I recall were factory builds, and $1K+ for kit builds by unknown persons is pretty much insane.

I've mostly had decent experiences shopping at Gray's, and John is a nice enough guy, but  "enthusiastic" about pricing on anything that is even somewhat unique (i.e., previously pre-bans, etc.) is putting it pretty mildly.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 7:06:33 AM EDT
[#13]
I guess I should have inquired about the pricing.  As I wasn't in the market for anything I didn't bother to ask.  I was just surprised at what I saw in inventory at that establishment.  Having a ton of money tied up in "unsaleable" inventory is a bad business practice indeed.  The name of the game in business is cashflow.  I suspect that if his prices for EBR's are out of sight,  he will need to adjust them or face inevitable bankrupcy.  This presupposes he is not independently wealthy and is doing this for a hobby.

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 7:27:10 AM EDT
[#14]
I wish I could get up there. My back is still killing me and the doctor told me not to do anything so I went and played golf.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:32:54 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I believe that place merged with Gray's Outfitters/Montgomery Armory - which explains some of the new EBR inventory.    However, if those are the FAL's I'm thinking about, he's (Gray's) has been sitting on them for a year and a half or so at those inflated prices.   Looks like he bought out someone's collection, but none that I recall were factory builds, and $1K+ for kit builds by unknown persons is pretty much insane.

I've mostly had decent experiences shopping at Gray's, and John is a nice enough guy, but  "enthusiastic" about pricing on anything that is even somewhat unique (i.e., previously pre-bans, etc.) is putting it pretty mildly.

John's out of the game, I do beleive that shop bought out his inventory.  I lived a couple of miles from his shop and did all my tranfers through him.  His sticker prices were always way up there, but he knew what the going rate was for everything and everytime I bought a gun from him I felt I got a fair price.  There were several times I went in to pick up a gun I had purchased over the web, and wound up leaving with other items instead because he wanted the gun so bad.  

BTW, there's a shop up Tropper road from Gray's.  They only stock archery right now, but I do believe they're looking to expand into a full sportsman outfitter.  I suspect they're just waiting on their FFL apporval.  
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 5:47:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Also try
In-Site Firearms  
2118 West Main Street, Jeffersonville, PA 19403
(610) 630-7468

They are up 422 past the KOP mall. They are a DSA dealer. I haven't been in there in a while, so I can not give you any prices.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top