Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2004 7:27:38 AM EDT
Hey, I'm sure you'll be there, but just wondering if anybody's gonna be at W&W on Sunday, I'm about 95% sure I'll be there.....just checkin, I'll probably still go even if no one's there, but I need some trigger time, and it's better than shootin alone....

Jay
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:02:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I plan on being there early as usual.  Need to leave no later than 1300hrs for a soccer game.  The weather looks okay.  Hope to have the repaired M1A.  Should it fail again, it may become a target itself.

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:42:25 AM EDT
[#2]
I'll see you there then, ya know Gary, I think we've been there only a few times together, and none of the knuckleheads(RAY) ever introduced us.....I'm the other bald guy that shows up from time to time...
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:58:29 AM EDT
[#3]
The bald guy with the bad memory....

Gary is the guy that drives the land yacht (Expedition I believe it is) and always has one or two FALs out to play with.

Jay is the skinny bald guy with the desert colored AR and a poor aim.  

I'll be there Jay....you just make sure you show up this time huh??

Mike and Matt will be slapping their balls around this weekend....he only shoots every other weekend now.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 10:02:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Bad aim....go stand out at 300 and we'll see......j/k anyway, did you forget I only come up there once in a blue moon too????  yeah, I'll be there around 9.....oh and if your lucky I'll wear some woodie cam for ya to balance things out.....sound good?
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 10:19:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Aight...see ya then.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:08:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Yep, I have golf this weekend.I will be there next Sunday. Have fun guys.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 12:43:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Mags loaded, weapons packed, car gased and ready..... Damn!  It's only Saturday!
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 2:47:44 AM EDT
[#8]
ATTENTION ON DECK...!  It's 0645 hrs and time to pack and go.....!   See you boys soon.

Gary
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 3:06:52 AM EDT
[#9]
SLEEP IN SOMETIME GARY!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:24:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Plenty of time to sleep when you're dead!  Great to see everyone again.  The M1A is over at Donnely's.  I hope he's using it to drive nails.  That's about all it's good for!  Have a great week all.  I may see you next weekend depending on soccer.

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:27:09 PM EDT
[#11]
I hear ya Gary....the FAL, with the rear site adjusted as far over as it will go, is hitting a consistent 1.5 feet right at 300 yards. It either gets scoped or it gets sold.   The CETME was hitting center mass with the same ammunition at the same range.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:18:09 PM EDT
[#12]
The bbl on the FAL is probably just overtimed ("shoots to the right, too tight").   It may be possible to loosen it enough to correct, w/o being too loose, or you can try to shim between the receiver and the shoulder.   Some people also just peen the shoulder, but some frown upon this, as you lose most of the bearing surface.   Was this a rifle you built or do you have the tools to remove and reinstall the bbl?   Keep in mind, correcting the timing (if that is the problem) can alter the current headspace.

Of course, the bbl coudl just be bent, too.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:18:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Ray,

Here is that scope I was telling you about.  Let's see what a new on sells for on Ebay then we can figure out a fair price for my used one if you are interested.  cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31714&item=7103130668&rd=1

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 4:37:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Oh and Ray, I don't have any M1 Carbine Mags here in PA, I'll check if I still have any when I go to CT, or just go to Seneca and shell out a few bucks for some, I'm sure John's got some good ones there...
Jay
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:44:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Yeah Jay, if I keep it I will.......thanks for checking though.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:51:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Sounds good Ray, and it looks like I won't be up next weekend, but that's still up in the air...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top