Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2004 6:42:43 AM EDT
With the ban ending just this week do you think its too soon to expect anything good to be at this weekends show?

Not sure I can make it this weekend but if I knew there was a good chance that I'd find something good, like a Colt 9mm AR15, I'd cancel some plans.

I'm just wondering if anything worthwhile will be on hand. I'm sure it will be crowded.

I appreciate your thoughts.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:15:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I would suspect a lot of LEO only marked stuff.  I am still a bit unconfortable buying something marked this way.  Not everyone (LEO's) are as up on firearms laws as we are in this forum.  Who needs the hassle should issue be made of the markings downstream.

Regards,

Gary
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:53:38 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I would suspect a lot of LEO only marked stuff.  I am still a bit unconfortable buying something marked this way.  Not everyone (LEO's) are as up on firearms laws as we are in this forum.  Who needs the hassle should issue be made of the markings downstream.

Regards,

Gary

and according to some, they do not have to know the laws either!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:01:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm going to wait until the next show, I think there will be more available at that time.

I also was wondering if some dealers will have great deals on post ban stuff.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:11:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Wouldn't be suprised to still find pre ban marked guns selling at pre ban prices. I just called a local gun store to find out about a Colt 9mm Carbine and it is still marked $2200.00 - Ouch!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:16:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I am going to the show tomorrow, so we'll see.  i personally think owning a leo marked rifle would be "cool".  i think it is a slap in the face to the anti's---like saying ha ha look what i got.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:29:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll be there Sunday... one of the items on my list is an LEO marked  mag. Don't need any more mags, just gotta have one. 'Course I don't gotta have one if it's over $15 NIW. I have a feeling it'll be a while before the market corrects itself. There'll be other shows.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 8:23:28 AM EDT
[#7]
I went Saturday hoping to find a stripped lower. I arrived at about  2 PM. The only stripped lower I saw was a DPMS for $150. Some one had a sign for Rock River lowers for $135 but was sold out. A guy at one table told me I could probably find one at a gun show. Isn't that where I was?
I couldn't even find anyone with an under $90 charging handle. over all very disappointing
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top