BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2004 2:10:39 AM EDT
the enemy ....

http://www.ceasefirepa.org/www.ceasefirepa.org/
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:08:28 AM EDT
[#1]
I emailed M. McCausland....I'm interested to see if she will respond.

Ms McCausland,

I am writing you today to inquire more about your organization and its goals. As a 12 year Army veteran, and an avid target shooter and firearms collector, I am curious as to what it is that makes you believe you have the right, legal or moral, to dictate to me how many firearms I may purchase in a given amount of time. I am 35 years old, I have spent more than 50% of my life defending this country, I have never been charged, much less convicted of anything above a traffic ticket, I held a Top Secret security clearance in the military and I probably know more about firearms and safety than your entire membership combined.

I am not sure if you have ever read the 2nd Amendment of the Constitution of our United States, but to sum it up it states that the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. You attempting to tell myself, and millions of others in our state, how many firearms we may purchase is as much of an infringement on my rights as it would be were I to tell you that you can't buy more than one car every 5 years, or one toothbrush every year.....I can assure you that whether you believe in it or not, our founding fathers had the foresight to see what was coming and that is why they wrote this amendment the way they did.

I realize that such a liberal organization as yours will likely take this letter as a personal attack and I'll likely not get a response but I would do myself a disservice if I didn't pose my question. I will be posting a link to your website on various pro Second Amendment websites that I visit so please don't be surprised if you receive more emails than just mine.

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:36:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Ray,

Nice letter.  Hope you feel better because it will no doubt fall on deaf ears.  Heck, sometimes it just feels good to vent.

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 11:59:14 AM EDT
[#3]
They were on PCN network yesterday afternoon I missed the press conderence they held at the steps of the capital bld.   That is where I dot the info from the state caple netwok  they posted the info like it was athe address for a bake sale for kids baseball
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:09:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:27:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:30:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Day two of no response.........wonder if I should call her?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:55:55 PM EDT
[#7]
My email, please critique before I send.

Ms. McCausland,

I want to applaud your, and your organizations, unrelentless dedication to reducing gun crime.  I do not live in your great state of Pennsylvania.  However, it is refreshing to see an organization that is willing to put differences aside and get to the root of the problem by holding individuals responsible and accountable for their actions.

I have spent the vast majority of my adult life in public service.  As a former law enforcement officer, veteran (United States Marine Corps) and Paramedic, I've witnessed first hand the effects of violence on many fronts.  I have not researched your site fully but noticed specifically that you advocate education.  Again, I applaud you.  It is imperative that we educate not only our children, but the populace as a whole with respect to our second amendment rights.

I'm sure you've done your research and realize that the areas of our country with the most crime, D.C., New York, etc. are the very same areas where education on firearms are the least and gun control is the most constrictive.  We all recognize that criminals are animals of prey and will exploit their victims where they know that the citizens of a community are unable, by stifling legislation, to protect themselves or their fellow citizens.  The FBI's Uniform Crime Report, Center for Disease Control, Violence Protection Committee and others have shown this for many years.

I implore you, and your organization, to continue to aid the millions of patriotic, law abiding Americans in this great nation to educate its masses on the importance of taking responsibility for our actions, standing up for our rights and joining the law enforcement community in protecting one another against criminals.  It is our own responsibility to protect ourselves and each other.  Our law enforcements voices have fallen upon deaf ears for years that they can not protect the individual and it is up to us to refuse to allow the criminal behavior to exist in our society.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 1:19:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Come on guys, I need feedback!
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 1:30:27 PM EDT
[#9]
WTF, over?  
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 1:38:48 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
My email, please critique before I send.

Ms. McCausland,

I want to applaud your, and your organizations, unrelentless dedication to reducing gun crime.  I do not live in your great state of Pennsylvania.  However, it is refreshing to see an organization that is willing to put differences aside and get to the root of the problem by holding individuals responsible and accountable for their actions.

I have spent the vast majority of my adult life in public service.  As a former law enforcement officer, veteran (United States Marine Corps) and Paramedic, I've witnessed first hand the effects of violence on many fronts.  I have not researched your site fully but noticed specifically that you advocate education.  Again, I applaud you.  It is imperative that we educate not only our children, but the populace as a whole with respect to our second amendment rights.

I'm sure you've done your research and realize that the areas of our country with the most crime, D.C., New York, etc. are the very same areas where education on firearms are the least and gun control is the most constrictive.  We all recognize that criminals are animals of prey and will exploit their victims where they know that the citizens of a community are unable, by stifling legislation, to protect themselves or their fellow citizens.  The FBI's Uniform Crime Report, Center for Disease Control, Violence Protection Committee and others have shown this for many years.

I implore you, and your organization, to continue to aid the millions of patriotic, law abiding Americans in this great nation to educate its masses on the importance of taking responsibility for our actions, standing up for our rights and joining the law enforcement community in protecting one another against criminals.  It is our own responsibility to protect ourselves and each other.  Our law enforcements voices have fallen upon deaf ears for years that they can not protect the individual and it is up to us to refuse to allow the criminal behavior to exist in our society.

Alright, I want you guys to look this over and give me feedback before I send!!!!
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:32:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Are you telling that no one is going to give me feedback before I send this??
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:44:18 PM EDT
[#12]
BTT??
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:10:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Well. I'm no authority on such matters but it sounds good to me. Let me give this a bump for ya, C'mon PA, a guy from Georgia is tryin' to help ya'll out!
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:31:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:33:42 PM EDT
[#15]
There's little point in writing to these "useful idiots." They have their agenda and nothing you can say will change their mind. Take that energy and write to your state reps and senators.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:51:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Finally some feedback.  Yes, I know what they're about is why I wrote it the way I did.  Maybe give them an idea to rethink their final position.  Be nice, and all that.

DaividC, I agree.  We all need to be writing our respective legislators.

IS this worth sending?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:15:17 PM EDT
[#17]
I wouldn't send it that way....no offense but it sounds way too much like you agree with her and are kissing her ass.

The part about education is good, bringing up the link between ultra-restrictive firearms laws and ultra-high crime rates is good....but you fail to mention anything about the desire plainly stated on their webpage to place similar restrictions on those of us that don't currently suffer under them. Maybe ask her if it is her goal to bring DC crime rates to PA.

David......can you PM me a price on one of those Collapsables you had for sale? I found an A2 birdcage and installed it, just need that now.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:24:38 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I wouldn't send it that way....no offense but it sounds way too much like you agree with her and are kissing her ass.

The part about education is good, bringing up the link between ultra-restrictive firearms laws and ultra-high crime rates is good....but you fail to mention anything about the desire plainly stated on their webpage to place similar restrictions on those of us that don't currently suffer under them. Maybe ask her if it is her goal to bring DC crime rates to PA.

David......can you PM me a price on one of those Collapsables you had for sale? I found an A2 birdcage and installed it, just need that now.

I absolutley wanted to sound like I agree while driving home my points.  If send a response that is obviously contradictive to their point, they will never finish the email.  Agree with the good things they are trying to accomplish and try to persuade them to the truth.  Being flat out abrasive accomplishes nothing.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:25:27 PM EDT
[#19]
BTW, I sent my response.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:27:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Being abrasive may very well accomplish nothing but being nice and agreeing with them only encourages them to keep at it.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:31:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Send them this;

CONSTITUTION
OF THE
COMMONWEALTH OF PENNSYLVANIA

Right to Bear Arms
Section 21.
The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

Nuff said!
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:37:03 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm not going to comprimise my rights as a law abiding citizen, in any way ,on any level. STOP THE REVOLVING DOOR JUSTICE SYSTEM!
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:58:10 PM EDT
[#23]
You guys are missing the whole point and body of my response.  While agreeing with them on being against crime I admonished them for not standing behind our God given rights.  I'm hoping they are intelligent enough to see this.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:11:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:37:47 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
You guys are missing the whole point and body of my response.  While agreeing with them on being against crime I admonished them for not standing behind our God given rights.  I'm hoping they are intelligent enough to see this.

Thanks for having an interest in PA, let's see what their response will, be if any.

CeaseFire PA Goals:

* Reduction of illegal gun trafficking by limiting private buyers to the purchase of no more than one handgun per month.

What will be accomplished by limiting responsible law abiding citizens to one handgun per month ( yeah I know straw buyers) that's not going to stop the bad guy from getting what he wants on the street.  STOP THE REVOLVING DOOR JUSTICE SYSTEM and keep the bad guy off the street, that will work.

* Closing of the gun show loophole at the federal level.

What loophole, background checks are done at all gunshows in PA.

* Effective product safety standards for handguns.

All firearms have saftey standards, they have safeties too, also comes with an owners manual, I guess we need a law, banning stupid people.

* The eradication of needless gun violence.

Once again, STOP THE REVOLVING DOOR JUSTICE SYSTEM!

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:31:58 AM EDT
[#26]
According to my email, it has been read by one of them but no reply.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top