Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2004 1:19:39 PM EDT
What is legal in PA right now?  

I just got my 20" standard rifle kit from Model1 and my lower is on the way.  I'm looking to buy a couple magazines, but I dont know what is legal now and if that will change in a week or so.

I would appreciate a little advise.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 3:10:59 PM EDT
[#1]
PA has no magazine restrictions beyond the Federally mandated ones....meaning that you can stop by most any gun-shop and pick up used, pre-ban, 20 and 30 round magazines for your AR and be perfectly legal. Be careful that you don't get any that are marked "For govt use / Law Enforcement only" though as these sometimes slip through and Uncle Sam says we can't use them.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:58:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Andy,

Republicman is right on.  I would suggest not buying anything until after the ban sunsets.  To get an idea of proper magazine pricing check out what LE only mags cost and use that as your guide for what pricing will be when the ban sunsets.

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:21:06 AM EDT
[#3]
In just a few days there will be NIW 30 round magazines available.  Any upcoming gunshow ought to have some good deals (hopefully)!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:58:06 AM EDT
[#4]
So, it's illegal to buy new 30 round magazines offered in equipment exchange right now?

NIW = new in ?

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:24:47 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
So, it's illegal to buy new 30 round magazines offered in equipment exchange right now?

NIW = new in ?

Those arer LEGAL.  The are NIW Pre-ban magazines.  you are fine.  Remeber though, that come Monday, the ban that makes preban mags pre ban goes away, and new manufactured now, not before '94 mags, will also be available and should drive the price back down to reasonable levels.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 9:44:38 AM EDT
[#6]
hey guys, sorry to bring this up again.  Are the LEO/gov't marked magazines being sold by TAPCO legal for me to use?

http://www.tapco.com/product_information.asp?number=MAG0999&back=yes

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 10:05:47 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
hey guys, sorry to bring this up again.  Are the LEO/gov't marked magazines being sold by TAPCO legal for me to use?

http://www.tapco.com/product_information.asp?number=MAG0999&back=yes

Thanks

Yes. The federal law that mandated that marking died a week ago. It no longer has any force of law in Pennsylvania.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top