I;ve only been to the Armory show in PA
are any of these upcoming shows decent?
are they larger than the Armory shows?
any better ones
please let me know so I dont waste my time
thanks
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:57:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Valley Forge is coming up this month, 18-19. Way better than the Armory show.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 10:59:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Gun shows worth driving to: (in order)
Harrisburg by Mid atlantic arms collectors (NOT DAVIS)
Valley Forge (whoever the new promoter is)
York Convention/expo Center (NOT the york blast!)

Smaller shows that have done well for me:
Lebanon (Davis)
Reading (leesport farmers market, davis. I always find something nifty at this show, but its small)
Allentown is supposed to be marginal, but you have to pay $7 to park

I've given up any hope for Appalachian Promotions. Too many junk (non-gun) dealers and not enough real-gun dealers. Davis does ok at keeping junk dealers to a minimum, but they dont seem to draw enough dealers to the larger shows anymore.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:07:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Actually, the Davis show in H-burg is getting to be a much better gunshow.   Used to be alot more militaria-focused, but not really the case any longer.    I'd say the last few easily rivaled, if not surpassed, Valley Forge for the number of firearms and related accessories.   Not to mention the venue is much bigger, so you actually have room to move.

The allentown show at the PA expo center pretty much sucks, but I'm almost certain there is no parking fee.  IIRC, the admission is $8, which is pricey.   The show at the fairgrounds is getting a bit better.   Also used to be mostly C&R & antique guns, and militaria, but some more modern stuff gradually creeping in there.

I'd agree with the assessment on the York, Lebanon, and Leesport shows.   I try to make most of these, if for no other reason as some weekend entertainment.   Not sure I'd drive all the way from NJ for them though.

Rocko
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:12:26 PM EDT
[#4]
thats the deal im driving from NJ
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 11:34:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Harrisburg used to be the best but I have been quie impressed with Valley Forge for the past couple years...  If you are in NJ, Valley forge is the place to go on the 18/19th...  Crazy part is, I am sitting about 500-yrds from the VF Convention center as I am supposed to be working....
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:38:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Where is Valley Forge?   York or Chester?   What's the address?  Is there anyway I can check for sure if the show will be on Sept 18/19?
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:11:19 AM EDT
[#7]
www.valleyforgegunshow.com/

The dates & driving directions are all on the website.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 10:59:46 AM EDT
[#8]
If your in the Pittsburgh area on September 18-19 2004 the PA gun collectors show is at the Monroeville Expo mart....1000 plus tables and tons of AR stuff.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:59:57 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
www.valleyforgegunshow.com/
The dates & driving directions are all on the website.

If you're going to come from NJ, Valley Forge would be the show to do it for.

Its a good thing McGreevy has created an "assault weapons"  task force to further stomp on lawful NJ gun owners. Who heads up the queer stomping task force in NJ?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:12:22 PM EDT
[#10]
I live in state college, but will be making a trip home to washington this weekend for some buisness. I want to buy a new bushie complete lower with collapsable stock, and would like to get it on the way back from d.c. to state college. which gun show would be closer and more likely to have what I want? The monroeville one or the king of prussia one or a different one?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:24:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Monroeville is in the far western part of the state only a few miles from Pittsburgh.
Burl1
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:51:19 PM EDT
[#12]
is it closer to go to King of Prussia from Baltimore or to Monroeville from D.C.?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:58:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:32:38 PM EDT
[#14]
The Valley Forge show I've been to, the last 3 there, have been really good.  

To be fair though, I haven't been to that many.  Used to go to the air port Radisson shows.  Went to a few of the Aston/Chester shows.  Once I got to a show in the Daytona area, while in college.  The VF are better than all of those.  The little Aston/Chester shows were the smallest, and hardly worth the admission price.

Oh, what do you think would be the best time to arrive at the September VF show?  I want to get a no-ban Colt or Bushie (a 3rd AR-15, get while the gettin is good), and a SAR-1, and I guess they will be hot items.  I work 2nd shift so getting there by 9 would be tough, but I'll do it if necessary, I just wonder if the vendors even get there that early.

--------------------------

Nooooooo!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:35:21 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
is it closer to go to King of Prussia from Baltimore or to Monroeville from D.C.?

The King of Prussia show is closer in both cases. KoP is just west of Philly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top