Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2004 5:06:00 AM EDT
What perfect timing for a gun show...the weekend after the sunset of the AWB!!!

This should be real good...can anyone say feeding frenzy.

Better get there early and snatch up all the good stuff....I'll be the guy with 4 pre-ban uppers in hand and a hypnotic grin across my face.        

The wife says, "Don't max out all the credit cards."    I says, "OK, honey...I'll leave a couple bucks on one of them."  
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:15:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah this should be a good show too. I heard it will be taking up both wings of the expo mart and will also have a mlitary show.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:42:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I believe I may try and attend.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 4:55:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Rats, I'll be in Petersburg, Va. that weekend.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:05:44 PM EDT
[#4]
If I aint working I will be there. Anyone know what to expect out of this show? Is it a show thats been going on a few years now?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:24:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll see you guys there! Although you will not know me because I will just be another ugly face in the crowd. Have a good one.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:18:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Just called the expo center, they are open 8 to 5 on Saturday and 8 to 4 on Sunday.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:15:49 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm gonna be there when the doors open....gotta get all those goodies before they are gone...

Any interest in meeting up at about 11am somewhere and saying Hi, show off our purchases and perhaps have a dog.

That would be fun...let me know who all is going and we will try a rendevous.

No cell phones allowed in the hall or we could just do a mass calling and then meet.

CS
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:27:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I'm gonna be there when the doors open....gotta get all those goodies before they are gone...

Any interest in meeting up at about 11am somewhere and saying Hi, show off our purchases and perhaps have a dog.

That would be fun...let me know who all is going and we will try a rendevous.

No cell phones allowed in the hall or we could just do a mass calling and then meet.

CS

I'm game. I'll have on a Dark Blue "Hard Rock Cafe" hat. Meet near the dogs or what?
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 10:37:39 AM EDT
[#9]
OK....lets do this....any and all ARFCOM members that will be at the Monroeville show Saturday, Sept. 18th.....

Lets meet at 11:00 in the center concession area right by the information booth.

Then we can get a dog and chew the fat and talk about our purchases and deals we found.

My name is Charles and I'll be wearing my Camp Perry T-Shirt with hat.  All are welcome!!!

See you there.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 10:48:54 AM EDT
[#10]
If anyone would like some Calcium Carbide....please let me know...I will have some with me.

Charles
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:37:10 PM EDT
[#11]
i'll be there wearing my million mommy march t-shirt
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 6:18:52 PM EDT
[#12]
I'll have my peace through superior firepower shirt on. I'll be  looking for you guys
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:40:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Cool...I can teach you guys the "game" we play at the gunshow...I think we might hit double digits tommorrow!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:31:11 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Cool...I can teach you guys the "game" we play at the gunshow...I think we might hit double digits tommorrow!

Keep in mind speedy not everyone like to play the same game. We're all friends on here. Don't wanna give the wrong image of who we are and what we represent regardless of our own beliefs. Ya I'm still on this damn board. I was headed for bed hours ago and got sucked in by this site again.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 4:48:41 AM EDT
[#15]
I'll wear my Rolling rock t-shirt!!!

(Pittsburgh Urban camo!!!)

I'll be walking around with a carry handle off of a Colt LE6920 for sale. Any of you guys selling an ARMS #40?
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:38:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Great to meet you guys! Have fun with your new toys!
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 10:09:12 AM EDT
[#17]
New toys? I didn't find anything worthwhile for sale...

Great to meet you guys though!
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 10:14:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Wow Todd...last I talked to you was 11:58am....you must have booked it straight to the computer.

Any how...it was great to meet you and Speedracer....right to keep, and  mugzilla.  I'm glad we were able to meet up and put some faces to names.

I think I'm gonna have to get together with you guys and build an upper....sounds like a lot of fun.

Mugzilla....hope yoiu sold your carry handle...if not let me know ...I might need it afterall.

Have a great rest of your weekend...

Bushman15
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:15:20 PM EDT
[#19]
I had heard that the show was going to be open on both ends of the expo mart...I'm thinking this is gonna be the mother of all shows....not.

It was an average show...the other side was just full of military memorabilia and clothing from WWII that had he whole place smelling like mildew and moth balls.

I saw a Bushmaster 25th Anniversary AR15  that was No. 1 of 1500.  Kinda neat   $1495.00

Also spied an Israeli Galil NIB with 12 mags for $2200.00  I'd really like one of those...but whewwww pricey.

There was virtually no Pre-Ban stuff save a couple table...real disappointing.  No parts l...couldn't buy an AR barrel in the whole place.

High Cap mags were about the same as always, except it seems that everyone who had LEO pistol mags were dumping them ...last show the one dealer wanted $79.00 for a "pre-ban" Glock 19 high cap...today I bought two NIW Glock LEO's for $38.00  ... not bad.

PA Defense Consultants from Elizabeth, PA were quoting Genuine Colt M-4 buildups for @ $895.00...hummmm   they also had a Colt M-16 on the table for $12,500.00

Found a set of Colt M4 Hand Guards for $18.00.....forgot to go back and get those...darn.

Anyone else find anything interesting?

Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:44:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Hey guys, definitly cool meetin up w/ yins...i agree w/ bushman- the show wasn't all it was hyped up to be, but it's still worth the $6...i came out w/ a new Ka-Bar for $40 and a great apprecaition for my computer wich allows me to research prices!
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 9:43:35 AM EDT
[#21]
I wish I coulda read my email sooner. I didnt know yunz were meeting. Oh well I just got back from the show. Same show as usual. I was hoping AR mags would be cheap but they were the same price. I think all the dealers are in denial about the sunset. I saw a pre ban colt for 1250.00 I didnt have the heart to tell the guy the ban is gone and his pre ban was worth the same as anything else now. Saw a dude carrying around a XM-177 for sale. He was asking 750.00 for it but taking offers. I t was an oly lower and a bushy upper. Saw a guy toting a Colt m-16 didnt even bother to stop him. All I ended up with was some AK mags some patches and some targets. Hope to maybe meet yunz next time.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 11:50:09 AM EDT
[#22]
bought another stripped bushmaster lower for $165.  was going to buy the beta mag that the dealer had for $275, but my moneyy was tied up for other things
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 3:50:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Ya, I saw the Beta Mags on Saturday...price was $289.00 then.....must have lowered his prices....I've seen them as low as $250.00 complete.

Next show is in November...so we will have to make plans and meet up again....do lunch or a beer or whatever.

Before then if anyone is doing a build....let me know ...I would love to sit in and learn ...I'm even thinking of building my own M4 upper ( Opps...I hope Colt doesn't see that...I might get sued like Bushmaster) LOL
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 4:08:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Went today, only thing I found worth buying was my old regimental crest that dated back to WW2. This was my first gun show and to be honest wasnt very impressed. I am a lot more into the tactical side of the gun world than the deer hunting side. Saw very few aftermarket AR accessiories and hardly any tac gear. By the way, any local gun shows that would suit my tastes? Mabey the law enforcement convention they have there?
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:38:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Did someone mention beer?...........Hello?..............Beer?....................Hello?
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:44:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Couldnt get there today or yesterday --normally on Sat and especially Sunday you dont get more than a one or two calls all day --figures today and yesterday I get tied up on emergency service calls all day -- good money but I was hoping to get at least an hour or two to peruse the show --oh welll maybe the next one or the next Harrisburg show if anyone wants to carpool down with me. I guess thats the secrect to staying busy at work just want to go by Dans or Braverman's ,whatever and I am sure to get a call for anywhere else !
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 6:14:35 PM EDT
[#27]
I picked up 4 new Glock 357 Sig LE hicaps yesterday. I think some of the dealers still think the ban is in effect as I seen a dealer selling a preban beta mag for 700.00 and a few dealers with preban Colts in the 1300-1400 range.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:04:22 PM EDT
[#28]
I finally got a chance to get back on here. It was great to meet some of the PA guys from the board. We really need to have a Pittsburgh get together soon. I can honestly say overall I was disappointed. I have more AR stuff in my house than what was at the show! Although being there was very little, thats not really saying much. Bushman, jst let me know when you want to do a build, I'llbe more than glad to give you a hand. I struck out looking for lowers and couldn't even find hi-caps for my G22. Oh well it was worth going to get to meet you guys. Keep in touch.
R2K out
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:07:37 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I picked up 4 new Glock 357 Sig LE hicaps yesterday. I think some of the dealers still think the ban is in effect as I seen a dealer selling a preban beta mag for 700.00 and a few dealers with preban Colts in the 1300-1400 range.

What day were you there? I though I might have seen you but I wasn't sure. I know we met that one time and I wasn't sure it was you. I think it was Sat around 10:30 or so.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:21:01 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

I was disappointed by the show since there was a lot of post-ban stuff selling at higher prices and pre/no ban stuff selling at ban prices.  

I didn't see a whole lot of AR mags and some of the ones I saw were selling for $20-$25, way too much for me right now.

Couple of FALS and some HK stuff but again the prices seemed awfully high for what you were getting.  

Almost picked up an Inland M1 Carbine for $450, but I couldn't justify it at that point.  

Other than that not a whole lot.

I went late on Saturday because I had to fight the flood to get there.  Maybe next time I can meet up with yunz...
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 3:20:54 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What day were you there? I though I might have seen you but I wasn't sure. I know we met that one time and I wasn't sure it was you. I think it was Sat around 10:30 or so.

I was there around 10:30, I thought that was you coming up the steps when I was going down. We should get toghether some time and go shooting, as a matter of fact we should get alot of guys in the area and set up a shoot or something. If you want to try and organize something let me know. Talk to you later, John.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:34:07 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I finally got a chance to get back on here. It was great to meet some of the PA guys from the board. We really need to have a Pittsburgh get together soon. I can honestly say overall I was disappointed. I have more AR stuff in my house than what was at the show! Although being there was very little, thats not really saying much. Bushman, jst let me know when you want to do a build, I'llbe more than glad to give you a hand. I struck out looking for lowers and couldn't even find hi-caps for my G22. Oh well it was worth going to get to meet you guys. Keep in touch.
R2K out
hr

right2keep & BUSHMAN:

If you wouldn't mind I would like to sit in on your "Build Party". I have never built a firearm from scratch and think it would be really cool to see it done. I'll bring the Bee.............Pop. Have a good one...............................Toddhug.gif
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 11:58:59 AM EDT
[#33]
putting a lower together for the first time is a pain, but it's easy.  all you need is a few drift punches.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:20:17 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
putting a lower together for the first time is a pain, but it's easy.  all you need is a few drift punches.

.............and beer!
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:45:11 PM EDT
[#35]
OK...I need the following parts and/or recommendations.

M4 Upper Project

Upper Receiver....has to be good and match the lower  (Colt LE 6920)

Barrel....what are my options...I'd like chrome lined....m4 profile...16"...14.5"???  Who has what

Gas tube...delta ring...spring...carry handle etc.

Carrier, Bolt and Charging handle

I want the best I can get for the least cost.

Once the parts are all assembled let's get together and build it....mean while if anyone else has a project brewing lets get them on board and build others while we are at it....there is a big shortage of affordable M4 type uppers out there and if we can build a good one for cheap....maybe we can sell them....hummm there's the business man in me thinking again.

Todd...I like Coors Light  
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:08:44 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
OK...I need the following parts and/or recommendations.

M4 Upper Project

Upper Receiver....has to be good and match the lower  (Colt LE 6920)

Barrel....what are my options...I'd like chrome lined....m4 profile...16"...14.5"???  Who has what

Gas tube...delta ring...spring...carry handle etc.

Carrier, Bolt and Charging handle

I want the best I can get for the least cost.

Once the parts are all assembled let's get together and build it....mean while if anyone else has a project brewing lets get them on board and build others while we are at it....there is a big shortage of affordable M4 type uppers out there and if we can build a good one for cheap....maybe we can sell them....hummm there's the business man in me thinking again.

Todd...I like Coors Light   hr

BUSHMAN15...2 things for ya...One, will you settle for Michelob Ultra? Two, any rifle registered in the state of PA with a barrel length of less than 16" will need the PA handgun form filled out. Stay 16" or over and stay off of the radar.  The handgun form is knwn as "SP 4 - 113". It is the white form you fill out when you buy a handgun. It is the form that goes to the Pa State Police that they don't keep records on (yea, right). Like I said, stay off of the radar and stick with 16" or more.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:49:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Mich Ultra works bro......just fine...

Also, thanks for the heads up I was just thinking if I went with a 14.5 I would use the Phantom FS...that should get me to 16.1 "
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:16:18 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Mich Ultra works bro......just fine...

Also, thanks for the heads up I was just thinking if I went with a 14.5 I would use the Phantom FS...that should get me to 16.1 "

Phantom has to be permanently attatched on a 14.5 I can get some pretty nice prices on 16" chrome lined BBLS. Drop me an e-mail.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top