Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/16/2004 9:20:49 PM EDT
I've bought quality new guns from a couple shops in Philly, but when I ask about them being a receiving FFL they're polite but push the message that it's a big pain in the ass for them in not so many words.

I haven't asked to undercut prices on anything they carry, or order new guns. I feel in the middle a bit because they're good people to do business with and shoot the breeze with while at the range. On the other hand I've been a good customer who has bought guns and plenty of ammo.

So...anyone had good experiences with particular shops inside Philly with this? Feel free to IM if more convenient.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 7:59:40 AM EDT
[#1]
I've had no luck too. All I get is attitude or excuses. Is this a person to FFL or a FFL to FFL?
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 10:04:57 AM EDT
[#2]
I know of two places that do it but they are a bit of a drive for you.
One is in Jamison and the other is in Dublin.......
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 1:04:21 PM EDT
[#3]
We have FFL's listed in our hometown forum.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=14&t=825

Ken is the most honest and fair gunshop I have ever done business with.

Ken Crane Sporting Goods
310 Slone St.
Crum Lynne (Ridley Township) Pa.
(610-833-5105 & 610-833-5220 )

Ken's a real nice guy , he works out of his basement during the evening. He only does transfers on used weapons (personal & dealers). No new weapons from dealers. He charges $35.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 10:42:30 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I've had no luck too. All I get is attitude or excuses. Is this a person to FFL or a FFL to FFL?

FFL to FFL.

I'll look in on the info listed.
    Thanks
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:57:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Mike and Kates  NE Philly on Oxford Ave. Has done a couple for me...very friendly to out of state transfers
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 6:07:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Din't they just get robbed ?
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 11:33:48 AM EDT
[#7]
No...They were not robbed. 2 arabs came into the store and asked Mike if he sold explosives or hand grenades.

Mike notified the Police. I saw it here on arfcom.

2 arabs, blue mimi van with New Jersey tags.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 11:37:04 AM EDT
[#8]
No a couple of days ago they had hanguns stolen and one turned up in a crime already.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 12:42:48 PM EDT
[#9]
I didn't hear that....it's news to me...I was in the shop yesterday and nothing was said about it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 12:47:18 PM EDT
[#10]
It was on the news.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 7:48:31 PM EDT
[#11]
King's Shooters Supplies in KOP does transfers for $25.

I never dealt with them but when asking them on the phone about doing an out of state transfer they said no problem.

I called every gunstore in Philly that is listed in the yellow pages. Those that would do a transfer wanted $40-50. Around half of them refused to do it. One even told me it was illegal.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 8:30:18 PM EDT
[#12]
I love living in Philadelphia .
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 8:31:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Sick bastage....

No wonder you can't shoot worth a crap, you stay up all night on this website.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 4:31:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Yeah, I've done a couple tranfers w/King's, when they used to used to be at their other location (and called Better Bullets), website is still www.betterbullets.com.   The owner actually lives a couple of streets away from me.   Only caveat is that if ordering from one of his normal suppliers (i.e., like Century, SOG, etc.), it is $25 or 10%, whichever is higher, which is pretty reasonable, I think.   Also didn't get any discount on multiple transfers I did at the same time, which I was hoping for (since only one 4473, PICS call, etc.), but I didn't ask prior.   All in all, nice guy - casts and sells his own bullets (hence the old "Better Bullets" moniker), so if you are into pistol reloading, good place to check out.

Rocko
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 3:58:22 PM EDT
[#15]

I've bought quality new guns from a couple shops in Philly, but when I ask about them being a receiving FFL they're polite but push the message that it's a big pain in the ass for them in not so many words.
If your close enough to me I do transfers on  Long guns and pistols aside from Walther P-22's which I sell reasonably. I deal in NFA guns so there no competing with me. $22 per gun with discounts for multiple guns.  Howard
JB Arms  Upper darby PA  If you want more info visit my website.

=www.jbarms.com
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 10:11:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks M60, knowing someone from this board does transfers not far outside the city is good, I'll have to check out your website.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 10:25:05 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I called every gunstore in Philly that is listed in the yellow pages. Those that would do a transfer wanted $40-50. Around half of them refused to do it. One even told me it was illegal.

Lemme guess.......Colosimos?

They like to invent laws on the spot like that. They also like to invent incredibly inflated gun prices from what I saw the one time I entered the place and got treated like a criminal for asking to see a gun under the case.

Someone told me they charge $25 for a box of 9mm at their range.

Link Posted: 8/30/2004 6:27:33 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Thanks M60, knowing someone from this board does transfers not far outside the city is good, I'll have to check out your website.

Raulin; I would highly recommend Howard.  I've known him for years and you'll be hard pressed to find better service anywhere else.  I buy my title I stuff through him and he handles all my NFA transfers.  He's a very good guy.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 9:36:37 AM EDT
[#19]
I recommend Mike at Mike and Kates..

Frank
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top