Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2003 3:32:45 PM EDT
Philadelphia_GunMan / Dredd308,

I saw in the NE armory post that you both belong to Langhorne Rod and Gun.  I have seriously been considering joining there.  I shoot trap up there on Thursday nights when I can, but have never even seen the rifle range.  Have been part of many discussions about other area clubs and what not, but want your insiders’ opinion.  Any issues with EBR’s, Magazine capacity, Rates of fire I should know about.  Any chance I could persuade one of you to possibly meet me one of these weekends to put a few round down range and check the place out?  I live in Bensalem near the Neshaminy Mall.  I would be willing to buy a couple of beers afterwards for your trouble.  Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.  

Regards,
-Matthew
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 6:36:42 AM EDT
[#1]
When you come in the gate, you make a left, and follow the road around to the rifle range.

They dont have any magazine capacity restrictions. There is NO full auto. I just joined and havent even gotten to shoot there yet, they didnt say anything about rates of fire.

I havent been to a range in years that had any problems with evil black rifles, that point is moot anymore.

I would be willing to meet you there sometime.

How about Monday or tuesday after work? I could be there about 6:30pm

IM me
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 10:40:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I specifically asked at the orientation about rapid firing. I said "I shoot IPSC matches. I like to shoot fast. Is there a problem with that?" Chuck the membership chairman said there is no problem with shooting fast. It must be controlled firing ie no bump firing or shooting from the hip.

Name your time and I'll take you there. It'll cost you $5 for a guest pass.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 10:56:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Hey GunMan,
 I just read the back of my membership card,
#4 says Guests not permitted to shoot rifle at any time

WTF? Do they enforce that? They never said anything about it during orientation.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 3:57:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Dredd,

I sent you an IM the other night.  Did you receive it?

-Matthew
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 4:24:30 AM EDT
[#5]
No I didnt.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 7:51:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't know Dredd, I haven't taken any guests yet.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 4:21:53 AM EDT
[#7]
That bites. I think they should tell you something like BEFORE you pay your dues.

I have a friend that wants to get into shooting, and wants to try some of more stuff to see what he likes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top