Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2003 1:29:42 PM EDT
Im 99% sure I will be there sunday. Is this show usually pretty good? Is in like the show at Harrisburg just not as big?

Thanks for your input!

Also what do you think of the Gun Shows at:
Lebanon Pennsylvania
&
Philly National Guard armoy?
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 1:44:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm thinking about getting a couple of tables there to sell my stuff. I'm going to see if I can talk my FFL holding friend to come along for a piece of the action, so I can bring the handguns and have him do transfers if necessary.

Link Posted: 9/9/2003 4:59:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Its a good show, yes a bit smaller than Harrisburg.

I'll be going Sunday also.

I've never been to the one at Lebanon, the Armory show is OK but small, if you have to drive more than an hour, I'd stay home.

M4 what time would you be going to KOP?
Hooters after?
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 7:48:15 AM EDT
[#3]

Im 99% sure I will be there sunday. Is this show usually pretty good?

The last one was awesome.  I went in with a detailed plan for getting in, buying what I wanted, and getting out, which went all to hell within five minutes.

I'm going to go Saturday and get the essentials (I live across the street so it's a no-brainer).  Let me know when y'all are coming up Sunday and I'll join you.  If anybody wants to test out their new toys, my club is about 15 minutes away from the convention center and I can take a small number of guests.

jafager
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 8:40:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 9:33:21 AM EDT
[#5]
20-21 Valley Forge, PA
Valley Forge Gun Collectors
(610) 975-8077  
Adm. $7

Valley Forge
Convention Center 1160 FIRST AVENUE    
KING OF PRUSSIA,  PA  19406

Adjacent to Radison Hotel in the heart of King Of Prussia  
Sat. 9-5

Sun. 9-3
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 9:45:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 11:13:03 AM EDT
[#7]
No problem, and the Hooters is just up 202 from there  
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 7:26:55 PM EDT
[#8]
The gun show promoter just called me back to let me know that I'll have two tables at the show.

Stop by and say hello; I'm a big guy dressed in black who looks like Jerry Garcia, and I'll probably have a friend helping me out who is very buxom and cheerful 40 year old brunette.

I'll have a couple of AR-15's, a couple of FALs and a couple of AKs in the stuff I'll be selling. Private sales on the long arms. Handguns I'll have to find a dealer at the show willing to do the transfers.

Link Posted: 9/9/2003 8:18:54 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
a couple of AKs

What kinds, please IM or email me info. If you have pics please mail them to me @:
[email protected]
Thanks!!
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 8:42:13 PM EDT
[#10]
M4 - replied to your email

You do know that unless you can produce a PA Drivers License, I can't do a private sale to you, right?

Link Posted: 9/9/2003 9:57:38 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
The gun show promoter just called me back to let me know that I'll have two tables at the show.

Stop by and say hello; I'm a big guy dressed in black who looks like Jerry Garcia, and I'll probably have a friend helping me out who is very buxom and cheerful 40 year old brunette.

I'll have a couple of AR-15's, a couple of FALs and a couple of AKs in the stuff I'll be selling. Private sales on the long arms. Handguns I'll have to find a dealer at the show willing to do the transfers.

DavidC,
If any South Jersey customers want to buy from you, I'll do the transfer for $20 plus NICS. Contact me after the sale and I'll send you an FFL copy.
Paul
www.Arms-n-Ammo.com
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 8:05:04 PM EDT
[#12]
The VFCC page has driving directions that consist of a link to Mapquest and a street address.

Actual directions off the top of my head:

Take 95 in either direction to 476 North.

476 North to 76 West (Valley Forge).

76 West to the King of Prussia exit (stay all the way right; it splits a couple of times and there is a ton of construction).

The KoP exit drops you on 202 North.  Get *immediately* to the leftmost lane and make the first left (huge intersection, mall on the left, restaurants/motels on the right).  That's Gulph Road.

Go straight through several lights.  You'll go past the mall (on your right) and the golf course (on your left).  Getting close you'll see a light with a restaurant on the left and an underpass directly ahead.  Go through that light and the next one.  The next intersection has the Valley Forge Convention Center sign across the street on the right.  You can either turn right and then left into the parking lot, or go through the intersection and turn right into the lot.

Be advised that the convention center is packed when gun shows are in town.  The meek may inherit the Earth, but the parking lot is an exercise in social Darwinism.

If you miss the left turn at Gulph Road (happens a lot on the weekends due to extremely heavy traffic at the KoP exit), stay straight on 202 North, go through a couple of lights and turn left on Annendale Road (there's a bank on the left corner and a boarded-up McDonald's on the right).  Go past the mall (left), the church (left), and several houses (right).  Turn left on First Avenue.  Go through two lights, the convention center is at the end of the street on the right.

From the PA turnpike, there's a King of Prussia or Valley Forge exit (I forget which).  Go through the toll and take that first ramp on the right.  It puts you right on Gulph Road at the golf course, just stay straight and follow the other directions.

HTH,
jafager
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 8:49:36 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
M4 - replied to your email

You do know that unless you can produce a PA Drivers License, I can't do a private sale to you, right?

Thanks, yeah I know that regarding private sales if Im out of state res. But I know a few good FFL's that might be at the show. Unfortunately your AK is just better than what I am looking for. I just want a regular non-high speed/tech AK.

Yours will really make someone happy when they buy it. But Im looking for one not as nice as that. Thanks for your help though. When I see you there and as long as you haven't sold all of your mags, Im sure I will be taking a load of those off our hands!
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 9:30:35 PM EDT
[#14]
I'll be going on Saturday.  M-60_Howard will have a table and Shaggy, Dragracer_Art and I will be meeting there about 10:00am.
Mario
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 11:35:19 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I'll be going on Saturday.  M-60_Howard will have a table and Shaggy, Dragracer_Art and I will be meeting there about 10:00am.
Mario

Howard going to have his own table or is he sharing again?  I'll have to ask him if he's willing to do handgun transfers for me at the show.

Art and Jeff both know me on sight. Stop by and say hello.

Link Posted: 9/14/2003 4:41:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Saw Howard and Shaggy at the last show.  I’m currently trying to wrap up some business for the military in Tampa by Friday.  Hopefully Hurricane Isabelle will not factor into my return.  If I make it back on Friday, I’ll be there on Sunday with montana_jeepn.  He’s in the market for an M-16, possibly from Howard.  David, I’ll try and find you to see what you have on hand, though I doubt I’ll be able to take anything off of your hands in my current financial situation.  Hope to see Art there as well.  We really need to get another shoot organized like the one Art put together last year.  It really helped me put some names to faces, and I enjoyed the shooting a lot.  Hope to see you all there, and pray for good weather.  I don’t think I can spend another weekend with all these Buccaneers’ Fans.  

-Matthew
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 6:26:50 AM EDT
[#17]
DavidC

How would I be able to pick you out? Are you going to have an AFRCom sign at your table? lol

Link Posted: 9/15/2003 8:30:37 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
DavidC

How would I be able to pick you out? Are you going to have an AFRCom sign at your table? lol

Well, I'm 6'4" tall with long grey hair, beard, glasses, and almost always dress completely in black.

And the female friend who's helping me out is 5'9" tall with a 38J chest and a 29" waist (Which is a pretty incredible sight when she's not hiding her figure). Maybe I can talk her into wearing something tight But I think she's coming over to the show directly from the hospital, so she'll probably just be in jeans and a big sweater (which just makes her look fat; just don't tell her that).
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 2:49:28 PM EDT
[#19]
LOL! If she's like my wife she'd rather look fat than have 10,000 gun show patrons stare at her chest like they've been in prison for the last 20 years...
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 7:39:38 PM EDT
[#20]
I'll be there on Sunday.

Who wants to meet up?

I'm thinking about noon. Any body that wants to meet up, drop me an IM for me number.

Hooters after?
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 10:29:11 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Who wants to meet up?

I'll be there Sunday.

I'm thinking about noon. Any body that wants to meet up, drop me an IM for me number.

noon-1pm is wehn I will be getting there. As long as I dont get lost that is.

Hooters after?

Sounds good to me. I dont know where its at though.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 5:46:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Hooters is up 202 north about 2 miles.

I'll give you a call when I get there.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 8:26:41 PM EDT
[#23]
I'll be there sunday.

Dredd, I sent you an IM.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 10:15:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Looks Like I will be there Sunday as well. I will keep an eye out for you Dredd, even thought I dont know what Im looking for.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 5:17:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Where the hell was Tophat? Doesn't seem like a show without saying hello to Tophat. Sure hope he's OK.
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 5:45:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Damn good show and it was damn good meeting Dredd308 and DavidC!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top