Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/4/2003 6:18:55 AM EDT
Do the CMP shoots have different 'classes? In other words, Iron sights, Scopes, Barrel Lengths, etc.?
Can I shoot my 14-1/2" M16A1 carbine, semi of course?
If so, would I be competing with 20" Bbl., shooters?
Also, is it "off hand" or, from a rest?
Thanks,
John
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 7:17:56 AM EDT
[#1]
CMP I don' know how the matches work but you can look around on the CMP site.  I'm sure one of the guys will answer your question better.

Link Posted: 7/4/2003 6:49:14 PM EDT
[#2]
The match formats generally consist of multiple positions.  The ones I have competed in consisted of the following:  10 shots off-hand slow fire, 10 shots prone rapid fire, 10 shots sitting rapid fire, and 20 shots prone slow fire.  I think there may also be a 30 round version, but I'm not sure.

Also, the ones I have done required that all rifles be as-issued military rifles of WWII or earlier vintage, so I can't help on the AR portion of your question, except that I'm almost certain that there will be no scoped rifles at all.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 9:11:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you, gentelmen. I'll check out the cmp link.
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 11:44:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Im going to a cmp shoot tomorrow. They said I can use my A3 Bushy. I will let you know about it as soon as I can. I take it you are on a quest for a garand like me.
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 12:09:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Im going to a cmp shoot tomorrow. They said I can use my A3 Bushy. I will let you know about it as soon as I can. I take it you are on a quest for a garand like me.

Actually, I don't want to have to buy another rifle. to do this.  
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 4:26:09 PM EDT
[#6]
The CMP shoot was fun. The format was as har4 explained above. They had range owned garands there  that you could use, but at this particular club you could use any military style weapon even ones that are foriegn i.e. ak47 SKS etc.. It was very relaxed    no pressure to perform and everyone was very helpful. I recomend you go to one. I will go back as soon as my schedule allows. I dont know where in pa you are but if you are in the pittsburgh area I went to the Pitcairn-Monroeville Sportsmans Club. They have a cmp shoot the first sunday of every month and you dont have to be a member(there is a small fee).
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 8:32:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I dont know where in pa you are but if you are in the pittsburgh area I went to the Pitcairn-Monroeville Sportsmans Club.  quote]

I'm in the S.E. (Delaware Co,) but the range I frequent has CMP. Thank you for the description, I'll try it.
John
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top