Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/30/2003 11:32:30 AM EDT
The wife and I went to a ball game in Harrisburg this weekend.  Senators got stomped by the Bowie Bay Socks, but it was fun anyway.

So, they check my wife's purse for ??? what?  Weapons?  Bombs?

I walked right through carrying my 1911 with 3 mags of .45 ACP Hydrashoks.

What's the point of the purse/backpack/fanny pack searches?

Also, she's got a CCW.  Any idea what would happen if she had been carrying a gun in the purse?

No signs prohibiting weapons at the ballpark.

How about open carry?  It's only illegal in Philadelphia.  I wasn't willing to try it, but I am wondering......
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 6:11:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Went to  a concert about 10 yrs ago at the then Star Lake Ampitheatre. All bags, packs were searched. A buddy opened his fanny pack to reveal a Beretta .380. He was sent back to the car to 'dispose' of the weapon. My .380, in a belly band, was never found. My buddy was an off duty State Trooper, who was later chastized by another Trooper friend for failing to comply with regs for not having a weapon at all times.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top