BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/28/2003 9:29:01 PM EDT
Count me in...
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 9:39:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 3:25:33 AM EDT
[#2]
It's looking more and more like I'm going! I just have to decide whether to camp or motel it.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 5:06:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Art -

You KNOW I'm going.  I told my boss I'd be out that Friday, and my desk at work is already completely littered with lists of stuff I have to remember to do, buy, or pack for Bulletfest.

I just finished printing out my 5320.20's.  Unfortunately I'm going to miss John C's shoot this weekend, but I'm going to be busy getting my 1919 put back together and building some sort of transport case for it.  I was talking to Mario yesterday and I think that Suburban of yours is going to be packed to the rafters.  Of course, we could always mount the beltfeds to the roof, hood, etc.

Howard seems to be a definite too, but says the minigun isn't running.  Still, he's got plenty of other good stuff and he can bring your M16 as well.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 5:38:11 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Art -

You KNOW I'm going.  I told my boss I'd be out that Friday, and my desk at work is already completely littered with lists of stuff I have to remember to do, buy, or pack for Bulletfest.

I will probably make my list the day before we leave...

I just finished printing out my 5320.20's.  

Cool, mine were sent overnight express the very next day after I talked to you on the phone.

Unfortunately I'm going to miss John C's shoot this weekend, but I'm going to be busy getting my 1919 put back together and building some sort of transport case for it.  

I already told JohnC I wouldn't be shooting this weekend.
I'm treating every round of ammo I have like it's gold plated right now...

If you need a hand building a transport box, I've got a shitload of lumber and drywall screws, along with every imaginable power tool you can think of...

I was talking to Mario yesterday and I think that Suburban of yours is going to be packed to the rafters.  Of course, we could always mount the beltfeds to the roof, hood, etc.

Hehe..
Sick minds think alike...
I'm already a few days ahead of you with that idea.

Howard seems to be a definite too, but says the minigun isn't running.  

That sucks...

Still, he's got plenty of other good stuff and he can bring your M16 as well.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!

THAT would be VERY cool...

Link Posted: 5/30/2003 1:56:13 PM EDT
[#5]
As it turns out, I'm going to stop there on my way to South Dakota! Should get there around 10.30 AM on Saturday. I'll be leaving the MG at home, though. Art, are you going to shoot this Sunday? My son and I will be there around 1 pm.
John
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 4:58:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
As it turns out, I'm going to stop there on my way to South Dakota! Should get there around 10.30 AM on Saturday. I'll be leaving the MG at home, though. Art, are you going to shoot this Sunday? My son and I will be there around 1 pm.
John

I'll do my best to get out Sunday...
I'm probably also 'gonna take a ride up tomorrow (Sat) to hang out with JohnC and a few other guys...
If you're free, you might want to stop up
tomorrow instead of Sunday.
I'll bring my M11 along.
Your kid will get a kick out of it for sure.

Link Posted: 5/30/2003 6:55:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Art - racebaiter, Lib76, and a few others are doing the camping thing.  Us poor folks have to make do with semi-auto.  We are planning on camping out on site, I am too cheap for a motel and would rather spend the money on ammo.  I'm glad to see Shaggy and a few others are going also.  Yippeee, this will be FUN and how.  Ops
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 7:06:39 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Art - racebaiter, Lib76, and a few others are doing the camping thing.  Us poor folks have to make do with semi-auto.  We are planning on camping out on site, I am too cheap for a motel and would rather spend the money on ammo.  I'm glad to see Shaggy and a few others are going also.  Yippeee, this will be FUN and how.  Ops

Yeah, it will be a friggin blast for sure !
We're also "ruffin" it...
Tents and sleeping bags will be packed AFTER we make sure ALL the machineguns fit in the Suburban...

Priority man, priority...
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 3:14:44 AM EDT
[#9]

I'm probably also 'gonna take a ride up tomorrow (Sat) to hang out with JohnC and a few other guys...

I am picking up 100 quail at exit 19 at 9:30 today. Home and put away by noon. Look for me around 2:15. My boy says he "can't come"....get this....He has too much homework....what a kid!
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 3:25:05 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

O-well...
Nasty weather AGAIN kept me in the house all day...

I'll try getting up tomorrow...
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 5:08:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Yeah, weather was not good. Looks like tomorrow.
I'll be there after the rain stops.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 5:21:15 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
It's looking more and more like I'm going! I just have to decide whether to camp or motel it.

We're all camping...
Need to save the money for ammo...
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 5:23:46 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Are you traveling in one of the caravans of machinegun-laiden assault vehicles ?
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 5:41:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Hey, sorry to jump in so late on this thread but I have been busy for the last few days and have only been checking e-mail.

Dragracer_Art, Shaggy gave me your phone number but, again, I've been busy.  He assures me that no matter how full the Suburban gets you guys will save room for me... INSIDE!  

I have a small trailer with a capacity of 1000 lbs also, if we need it.

Ops, I'll have some rental guns out if you guys want to run them.  M-16, M4, M-16/9mm, H&K G-3KA2, H&K MP-5KA3, UZI, Swedish K, M-11 and 1919.  Shaggy will have some others as well.  Prices will be reasonable- about 1/2 of what they get at Knob Creek.

My Form 20's went in last week via Priority mail but I forgot to put my County with the rest of my address in the "Tranporting from:" box.  I've got to make a phone call to my examiner this coming week to straighten it out.

Hey Art, call me when you can.

Mario_FAMOInc        
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 6:10:58 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Hey, sorry to jump in so late on this thread but I have been busy for the last few days and have only been checking e-mail.

Dragracer_Art, Shaggy gave me your phone number but, again, I've been busy.  He assures me that no matter how full the Suburban gets you guys will save room for me... INSIDE!  

I told Jeff I only needed enough room to drive, and my M11/9 will fit under my seat...
What's done with the rest of the space inside is between the two of you.

I have a small trailer with a capacity of 1000 lbs also, if we need it.

I don't mind dragging the trailer along, I have the hitch, wiring, and whatever adapters are needed.(I use to tow a 30' race trailer)
I think we can get everything packed inside though. The 3rd seat comes out, and the backseat is a 60/40 split fold-down.
You may end up in the unfolded 40%...
Whatever doesn't fit inside, can go on the 8'roofrack or on your trailer.
Bring it all, leave nothing behind.

Ops, I'll have some rental guns out if you guys want to run them.  M-16, M4, M-16/9mm, H&K G-3, H&K MP-5KA3, UZI, Swedish K, M-11 and 1919.  Shaggy will have some others as well.  Prices will be reasonable- about 1/2 of what they get at Knob Creek.

My Form 20's went in last week via Priority mail but I forgot to put my County with the rest of my address in the "Tranporting from:" box.  I've got to make a phone call to my examiner this coming week to straighten it out.

Hey Art, call me when you can.

I'll give you a buzz one night next week

Mario_FAMOInc        

Link Posted: 6/2/2003 5:12:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Mario-
I hope that you remember Lil Ops from the 3 gun shoots at Millville.  He's looking forward to this and saving his money for a 1919 or M2 rental.  Amazing what a determined little kid can do.  
 I also have a 16 ft 7000 gvw trailer available for the crew-served stuff.  This is beginning to sound like the Road Warrior meets Lawrence Welk...    Ops
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 7:29:07 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you traveling in one of the caravans of machinegun-laiden assault vehicles ?

No real travel plans yet. I do have a truck with a tow hitch if anyone needs help hauling weapons & ammo. Not sure if I will bring anything or not. My 1919 has yet to be finished so it will stay behind. Maybe if I haven't sold my AR yet I will take that.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 11:07:11 AM EDT
[#18]
OK guys, now that I've reached AR15.com puberty, I am able to keep pictures "onsite".

This damn computer is starting to grow on me.
Maybe I won't shoot it full of holes after all.

Jeff and Mario...
Here's our ride to bulletfest.
Already has bulletholes in it.(stick-ons)
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 12:39:36 PM EDT
[#19]
let me just say...that after camping last year, i'm not sure you could PAY me to stay in a hotel this year. nothing better than hanging out by a tent with a fire, cooking, eating, and prepping links for some beltfeds.

edited to add that the stick on bullet holes are quite the perfect touch. i wonder if its possible to get them in a 1000 round pack.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 5:26:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Hey Art. Let me know what route you are taking & maybe I will hook up with you guys Friday night. If I can find a tent. If it isn't rainin no need for a tent though.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 1:17:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
OK guys, now that I've reached AR15.com puberty, I am able to keep pictures "onsite".

Hey, Computers make good targets but, a bitch to clean up...
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 3:48:23 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Jeff and Mario...
Here's our ride to bulletfest.
Already has bulletholes in it.(stick-ons)

http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=13102

Ahhhh...the Bulletfest battlewagon!

[fade up with Star Trek theme music]

Ohio, the final frontier.  These are the voyages of the Bulletfest Battlewagon.
Her three day mission: to explore strange new weapons.  To seek out new life
and new firing lines.  To boldly go where many beltfeds have gone before.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 7:35:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Art,
The ride looks good, I can envision it now...

[Kirk/Art]Shaggy! Load the belts with photon armor piercing!  Mario! Step on the gas and make another pass![Kirk/Art]

[Spock/Shaggy]The photon armor piercing are loaded and fore and aft 1919s are ready to fire captain![Spock/Shaggy]

[Scotty/Mario] I'm givin' her all she can take captain! We're at warp six and she's shakin' apart![Scotty/Mario]

[Kirk/Art] Captain's log, stardate BulletFest, this may be my last entry...[Kirk/Art]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 7:40:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Ops,
The three gun matches were my personal favorites.  Be sure to say "Hello" in Ohio.
Mario
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 10:18:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Yup, you guys NEED a vacation...
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 12:20:30 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Art,
The ride looks good, I can envision it now...

[Kirk/Art]Shaggy! Load the belts with photon armor piercing!  Mario! Step on the gas and make another pass![Kirk/Art]

[Spock/Shaggy]The photon armor piercing are loaded and fore and aft 1919s are ready to fire captain![Spock/Shaggy]

[Scotty/Mario] I'm givin' her all she can take captain! We're at warp six and she's shakin' apart![Scotty/Mario]

[Kirk/Art] Captain's log, stardate BulletFest, this may be my last entry...[Kirk/Art]

You guys are too much ! I can see it's going to be one fun trip . Can't wait to hear the stories about this one. Don't forget the pre-trip pics.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 11:02:25 AM EDT
[#27]
My Dad an I will be there!
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 5:23:06 AM EDT
[#28]
i've decided that all of you are insane.

now, i'm really looking forward to the trip.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 8:24:00 AM EDT
[#29]
Who's bringin the booze for Friday night? I'll have a 5th of Yukon & maybe some shine. Might have to get some beers too.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 8:44:08 AM EDT
[#30]
i brought cases of guiness and bass that went over well last year. were gone quickly though. would prefer something a little lighter personally, especailly if weather is going to be hot. but am already planning for at least a couple cases of coors light to pay art's "rental fees". i can gladly adjust if anyone has a preference.

am also still on schedule for the nc style chopped/pulled pork bbq. am still not real clear on what campy may have for sale at the farm as way as food, but i'd liek to be prepared. there should be enough for all of the pa people to try and eat well if interested.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 9:39:14 AM EDT
[#31]
I can donate a few dozen rolls if ya like. Sounds like some good samitch stuff.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 3:13:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Too many guns, too much ammo on board...

No room for food or beer...

We'll eat when we get home Sunday...
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 5:32:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Art,
I went out and bought two more SKB hard cases for my stuff.  We'll be able to stack the guns like cord wood in there.  

I'll be coming back with two or three more guns than I go with... maybe I better go get another case!

Mario
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 8:05:27 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Art,
I went out and bought two more SKB hard cases for my stuff.  We'll be able to stack the guns like cord wood in there.  

I'll be coming back with two or three more guns than I go with... maybe I better go get another case!

Mario

15-20 guns, 30,000+ rds of ammo, three people, and all their gear ???

Maybe I should buy some helper springs for the 'ole Suburban. ...

I have an extra hard case, and a few soft assault bags if you or Jeff need them...
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 5:45:03 AM EDT
[#35]
Awww geez, Art.  We'll have to do something about those extra cases and bags.  I wouldn't want you to have to leave any of those home.  I guess we'll just have to bring more guns.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 1:14:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Like I said on the phone...

BRING ALL OF THEM...

I only need enough room to sit and drive...

You and Mario can fight over the cargo area, I only need the driver's seat.
My shit doesn't take up much space...
Gun-wise, I'm only bringing the subgun, an AR10, an AR15, and an AK47...
I've got 7 ammo cans full of about 5000rds of ammo, two fold-up chairs, one 7x9 tent, and a 13x10 screened-in canopy...

Now that I think about it, we may NEED Mario's trailer...
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 4:24:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Finished my 'Bulletfest Toy Chest' - hopefully by this time tomorrow night I'll be packing it it up.  Might have to give it a quick paint job before I go...

Link Posted: 6/25/2003 4:36:11 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

15-20 guns, 30,000+ rds of ammo, three people, and all their gear ???

Maybe I should buy some helper springs for the 'ole Suburban. ...

Art, that's less guns and ammo than what I took for myself to the BRC last year (and I'll be taking to Gunstock this year).

Obviously you guys aren't really serious about this

Wish I could join you, but I've got my kids that week. Have fun, and kill a few appliances for me.

Link Posted: 6/25/2003 5:03:13 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Art, that's less guns and ammo than what I took for myself to the BRC last year (and I'll be taking to Gunstock this year).

Ummm...

Did I mention that 90% of them are FULL AUTOS ?
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 5:10:04 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

I can hang out with you guys, right??
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 5:19:36 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
I'm...

I hoping to have an FA gun or three for Gunstock, but I've been sitting on a Form 4 sign-off for a month now because Bucks got a new Sheriff and I couldn't get an appointment, then I had to travel for a couple of weeks. Hopefully I'll hook up with him next week.  And I'm waiting on two Form 3 transfers, too.

Doubt I'll have anything in time to file the forms to transport them to Gunstock.

Link Posted: 6/26/2003 4:24:37 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

I'm hoping to have an FA gun or three for Gunstock...   And I'm waiting on two Form 3 transfers, too.

Hee-Hee-Hee...

Looks like the "full auto bug" has bitten you bad too !!!
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 12:39:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Well, I was going to go.

But my job decided to run an overtime shift this weekend. We haven't been getting anywhere near the overtime I got last summer (Both weekend days last summer, 3/4 of it at double pay), so I had to take the overtime (which is good for rent money) over shooting guns.

Damn!
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 8:02:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Here's my new toy I played with at Bulletfest.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top