Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/7/2003 3:10:20 AM EDT
I am looking for a membership to a gun club in the Philadelphia area, I live in Glenolden, with at least a 100 yard range. I have found 2, the Langhorne Rod and Gun and Delaware County Field and Stream.

1. Are there other 100+ yard ranges within a reasonable distance?

2. List your pros and cons of LRG and DCFS, or any other ranges. Plus I would be looking for a sponsor for whichever I decide to join, and I would appreciate it if someone would have me on as a guest before I make a final decision. Don't want to buy the cow before tasting the milk.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 10:20:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I can be a sponsor for DCFS. I'm a member and can take you as a guest.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 11:38:02 AM EDT
[#2]
I shoot at Falls Township www.ftrpa.com

They might be a little far for you.
You would take 95 north to Rt1 just before you get to Trenton.

They have a 100 and 200 yrd rifle range.
a 25/50 yrd outdoor pistol range, a plinking range. 43 acre lake, and archery. They do trap shoots over the lake. (you can fish, if no one is shooting). And they have a 25 yrd indoor range, that you can shoot in 24 hours a day.

The down side is they only let you load FIVE rounds in a magazine at a time.[>Q]

I can sponsor you, bring you as a guest if you want to check it out. Just IM me.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 11:48:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, I would be interested in visiting both ranges. My schedule is full for this month so it wouldnt be until June probably.

I will IM you once I find a hole in my schedule so we can arrange a time.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 1:47:54 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I can be a sponsor for DCFS. I'm a member and can take you as a quest.

I didn't re-new this year. Around the end of January I was thinking of stopping in and paying, but the snow held me up. A week or so later, I got a re-newal notice for $100 and a $25 "late fee." .....
I joined the Hamburg range. FA friendly and 1,2 and 300 yd. ranges. Draw back, is, its 1.5 hrs from MacDade and the Blue Rt.
John
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 2:44:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I belong to both DCF&S and Hamburg Gun Clubs.
The only drawback of DCF&S is that you can only load one shot at a time on the high power range.
DCF&S is a 100yd range. I could sponsor you for the DCF&S.
Hamburg has 100/200/300 yrd ranges.
They also have a range where you can shoot full auto.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 3:37:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks to everyone. I met armabill at the Harrisburg gun show and he talked to me about hamburg. I want to become a member of one of the clubs but I want to visit each one first. Hamburg sounds perfect but it is quite a drive. I went to Maryland last weekend to a range at a state park, 100 yards, unlimited mag capacity, but they had a 1 round per second rule. Would like to have something close but will drive further if I like the range.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:14:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Hamburg's "anything pit" is full auto. It may be a ride to Hamburg but I plan on being there the whole day.

I usually start at the "anything pit" and move to the rifle range. Haven't shot at the handgun range, done most handgunning at the "pit". I set up my reactive spinners for the .22lr and cans, no glass, for the larger calibers.

DCFS only has a 100 yd. range whereas Hamburg has 100, 200 and 300 yd. ranges. They also have gongs at the 200 and 300 yds.

Just make sure that you take plently of ammo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top