Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/3/2003 6:09:46 PM EDT
Well, I was wrong. It was the biggest gun show that I've ever been to. Bigger than Valley Forge except when they had 2 floors. I really enjoyed it but had mininal purchases. Not that I wasn't looking for a larger buy.

Went to the refreshment stand at high noon. Didn't see much of anyone hanging around. But I did meet Stryker and was amazed at how much we had in common. I should have worn an AR15.Com tag or something but i didn't.

Link Posted: 5/3/2003 6:43:52 PM EDT
[#1]
It was nice to meet you armabill. Hope you found what you wanted. I am glad I didnt buy the Trijicon, it WAS over priced. I found a dealer that wants 750 for the TA31, which comes highly recommended on the boards. So what if I have to wait a few months to get it, that will make my wallet feel better.

Hope we can get together and shoot some time.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 6:53:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Very glad to have met you. I thought that the Trijicon was a little high myself. Only saw 2 dealers have the Hakko sight. I only got a few odds and ends but there were two times that I was tempted.

Would not mind getting a Colt pre-ban flat top M4 but not at those prices. I almost bought a Colt flat top pre-ban upper here in the equipment exchange but the price was just a tad too high.

Maybe I'm being too picky. I just missed out on a Leupold scope in the equipment exchange a few days ago. You have to be fast in there, guys are like hawks! A good deal doesn't last long.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 9:09:04 AM EDT
[#3]
I was hoping to go and poke around for HK parts, but alas I had to work so I'll have money to buy said HK parts.

I was hoping to hear that it had sucked, but now I'm annoyed I missed a good show.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 9:21:18 AM EDT
[#4]
There's always next time and it maybe better!
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 3:51:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I was hoping to go and poke around for HK parts, but alas I had to work so I'll have money to buy said HK parts.

I was hoping to hear that it had sucked, but now I'm annoyed I missed a good show.

Ouch - you may have missed out then.  In the other thread, I mentioned the one guy selling the preban pistol mags, but he had other stuff as well.  I'm not very well versed in the HK long guns, though, so I don't know if the prices were as good one those.  I also now recall him having a UTL II for $100....

Rocko
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 4:24:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Unfortunately I wasn't able to make it to this show.  Does anyone know when the next Harrisburg show is scheduled for?
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 4:42:06 AM EDT
[#7]
I'll definitely go again. A lot of mag and ammo dealers. One guy had NIW USGI AR15 30 round OK and Sanchez mags, 4 for $100. I should have bought 4, damn I don't know why I didn't. A missed opportunity lost. Well, next time I shall be a little wiser.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 6:36:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Sorry I missed you guys as I went to both refreshment stands and did not notice anyone looking for a gathering. Will have to buy a AR15.com t-shirt for the next show. Maybe we can meet at one of these shows coming up.

Next show is June 21-22 at York fairgrounds.
Reading show is Aug. 9-10
Next Harrisburg show is Aug. 23-24
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 8:12:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Stryker had the right idea with his self made tag. If it wasn't for that, I would have missed him. I plan on making something similar or go the t-shirt route.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 10:04:16 PM EDT
[#10]
I was there on Sunday most of the day...
Ran into "Shaggy" a few times...
(he was the guy with the shorty M16 looped over his shoulder.

I ended up buying an AR10, a short upper for the M16, two cases of Q3131A, and a few other goodies...

Definately a good show...
Plenty of space, and not too crowded.
Food was overpriced.
2 drinks, 2 cheeseburgers and 2 fries cost $16.25 !!!
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 2:43:52 AM EDT
[#11]
You are correct armabill, if it wasn't for my AR15.COM nametag we would have missed one another. This was how I had met another member earlier that morning who was up from Virginia.

AR15.COM T-Shirts would be a great idea. Hopefully they will produce them again. There is definately a demand for it.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 5:56:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Yep, t-shirt would be the way to go and having your forum name on it too. I missed the last t-shirt sale, maybe they'll do another one.

Link Posted: 5/7/2003 1:34:54 PM EDT
[#13]
I was there Saturday.  I'll have to remember to wear my ar15.com t-shirt next time.

MAAC does not have the next HBG show on its schedule yet but if history is any guide, it will be in early December.

http://www.nep.net/~maacpsse/maac.html
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top