Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2003 2:21:48 PM EDT
I may have an opportunity forming to move to the Yardley area.  I know the neighborhood is nice and the house is supposed to be fantastic but, I need the facts on what the area is really like.  (sorry, I don't know the address yet)

I'm fairly familiar with the Oxford Valley Mall area since I've lived right over the bridge in Mercer County for many years now.  But, what's it really like to live there?  How are the schools?  Is the local law enforcement gun friendly?  Will I have trouble applying for CCW?  How about class III sign-off?  (yes, I will definitely be entering that arena ASAP after the move)

I'd appreciate any input people have.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 6:30:05 AM EDT
[#1]
I believe Yardley is the Council Rock School District, one of the best and has the highest paid teachers in the state.  CCW will be no prob since you are in Bucks County, just go to Doylestown where the County Sheriff and courthouse are.  Fill out the proper forms and you can get your permit to carry in a few weeks.  As far as Class 3.... just go to the Sheriff, he will sign no problem, very class 3 friendly.  As far as local law enforcment..... you are moving to a yuppie suburb..... mostly young strapper cops full of piss and vinegar.  Please note that all cops in this area are not like that.... mostly the ones from Buckingham right down the street.
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 6:41:30 AM EDT
[#2]
I live in Washington Crossing, just north of Yardley (so I presume you might end up here, as well).

Where I am (Upper Makefield Township) the school district is Council Rock, ranked as one of the best in the state. Yardley, however, is in Lower Makefield Township, which is part of the Pennsbury School District, which while not as highly ranked as Council Rock, is also a good school system.

As rugby pointed out, CCW is not an issue, and for C3 signoff, just schedule an appointment with the County Sheriff to make sure he's in his office the day you want your Form 4 signed.

I've never had an issue with any of the local LEO's; the departments are all rather small and their primary responsibility and activity is traffic enforcement. Like lots of little departments, they will rarely ticket a local unless you are blatnent about a traffic offense.

Property values here are increasing rapidly. 3 years ago the cheapest house in my neighborhood (private road, 8 houses on 18 acres) sold for $350,000. It's currently on the market for $650,000.

Feel free to IM me or email me directly with any specific questions.  If you'd like a tour guide, let me know. I'm self-employed and my schedule is flexible.  It would be nice to have another arfcomer in the area to drag to the range

Link Posted: 5/6/2003 12:36:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I just moved to Yardley from Langhorne back in sept. I love the neighbors and the law enforcement doesnt bother you. As an avid shooter I have a good idea of the friendly ranges and honest gunshops in the area.If you are interested in AK's'AR's  and CCW procedures you can e-mail me @ dieseldan1977@aol and I would be glad to welcome you to gun friendly Yardley,PA.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top