User Panel

Posted: 4/29/2003 6:54:10 PM EDT
Anyone going to it.
We could meet somewhere inside there, say
like around noon maybe.

Tom
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 6:16:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, I am going. Hitting the place around 10 AM or so. Have some things to take care of at Ft. Indiantown Gap in the afternoon.

Here is another thread.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=157998&w=searchPop
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 9:48:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm going.
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 1:11:42 PM EDT
[#3]
what is this show?? i'll be in harrisburg most of the weeknd for a totally unrealted reason.
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 1:44:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Below information is from the Mid Atlantic Arms web site

May 3 & 4 Harrisburg,  Pa. , 1200  tables Farm Show Complex   , I - 81 exit 67 Cameron St Show hours: Saturday 9am-5pm  Sunday 9am-3pm

TELL A BUDDY - BRING A FRIEND   &   BUY--SELL--TRADE

If it is legal & is related to the shooting sports, you could very well find it at one of our shows.    Many  dealers & private collectors are on hand and are more  than willing  to  make the best deal they can for you.  If  you like hunting & shooting,  or maybe you're new at hunting, shooting  or collecting, but have never been  to a gun show, don't be bashful,  come to one of our shows and see what we  have to offer.  Remember  this-- you may not know as much as you would  like about guns or the  hunting or target sports, but there is no such thing as  a stupid question.   Talk to the dealers & collectors --  ask  lots of questions  --  we are at these shows to offer you a pleasant,  wholesome, family experience.

Shooters, Hunters, & Collectors--come on in--see some of the best quality new & used modern and antique firearms available in the mid-atlantic & northeastern states, get great deals on shooting & hunting accessories, ammo, scopes & mounts, knives, swords, bayonets, holsters, gun care products, black powder necessities, eye & ear protection, military collectibles, & reloading supplies.

Link Posted: 4/30/2003 6:02:18 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'm going.

Okay good, how about we meet say at 12 noon in front of the concession stand right inside the main entrance. Though,if someone has a better time and location I'm open to it.

Tom

Link Posted: 5/2/2003 2:17:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll be there also.
Should be arriving around 11:00 on Sat.
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 2:24:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I will be there around 9 or so. According to this board http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=157998&w=myTopicPop they will be using the new building.

So...

Old building 1200 Concession stand

New building 1200 base of escalators.

Bring a sign that says AR-15.Com or something.

Patrick
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 2:44:39 PM EDT
[#8]
I'll be there Sunday - anyone else going Sunday?
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 3:41:25 AM EDT
[#9]
In an hour I'll be off to the Harrisburg show. Last time I was there it was lousy so I'm giving it another shot.

Link Posted: 5/3/2003 10:42:56 AM EDT
[#10]
I wasn't gonna go, but decided to make the trek. I haven't been to one of the "big" shows there in a couple of years - this one seemed smaller than last time. I got there at just about 9AM and left around 11:30. There didn't seem to be that many people there - there was a bigger crowd at the combined militaria/gunshow a month or so ago.

Didn't see too many deals. Lots of ar-15 parts/uppers guys there - M&A & Sherluck being two of the bigger ones. Saw a pair of supposedly preban Oly's at one table for 1K each - they didn't have the "stop sign" lowers though, who knows if they were really preban. One guy was selling H&K pistol mags for really cheap. Most notably, preban, unmarked 15 rd USP 9mm mags for $30/ea - both the white and black ones. Wish I had a USP in 9mm - hell, I was thinking about buying them all to resell. Also remember P7M13 mags for $75, USP 9mm postbans for $20 (but why buy these when prebans only $10 more). He had others as well, all cheap.

Didn't see much 7.62x51, which was what I was looking for. A couple of smaller ammo guys had the 140rd SA battlepacks for around $25/ea, but that's all I noticed. Wasn't looking for 5.56, but that seemed scarce as well - nothing certainly jumped out at me.

Lots of NFA stuff, but I didn't look too closely - why torture myself? One guy had a bunch of police trade in 870's - $145 for fixed stock, $190 for top folders. Almost picked up one of the fixed stocked ones for the heck of it, but decided against it in the end.

Didn't really see any mag deals, but I wasn't really looking. Big Sky Surplus had lots of neat (big!) demilled ordnance, but I don't need any more "junk" cluttering up the house. Not much of the cheap Century stuff - a smattering of AK's - very few CETME's and FAL's, looks like they may be getting to the end of these.

That's about all I can think of now... $5 parking, $7 admission, it was in the old building...

Rocko
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 10:02:01 PM EDT
[#11]
I have this strange feeling that I have more .308 than many Dealers.

Figure:

4 un-opened cases.
2 unopened, 200 round Battlepacks.
200 rounds in 50 round MTM cases.
Multiple hundred loose rounds laying next to each other in a 7.62 NATO ammo can.

In short, I have close to 6,000 rounds excluding 9x19, .223, .380 and any other caliber I use in my noise makers.

I wonder if there’s going to be a .308 Shrike?  I have about a Grand of .223, but that goes so fast I’m going to have to buy some more before July comes around.

Oh, well.  At least I won’t have to buy more .308 until Winter pops around again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top