Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2003 6:03:32 PM EDT
Does anyone remember this place?

Three locations that I remember,Roosevelt Blvd Phila, Rt309 Montgomerville, Rt130 New Jersey. Best,well stocked store I ever seen, They had at least one of everything, hopefully Cabelas that is comming to Reading,will stock a variety of firearms and shooting supplies.
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 4:30:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I remember them well. I bought my first handgun from them way back when I turned 18. It's funny you title your post  *Edelmans The Best Gun Store EVER*. Even till this day when I walk through the doors of a new gun shop and look around I say to myself , This aint no Edelmans. They sure spoiled me and my view on the competition.

I sure miss that place. All those display cases of handguns,they seem to go on forever. Finding your way around those racks of holsters was like looking into a jungle. Ahhh! Those memories of days gone by when there was no such thing as Per ban. I don't know whether to be bummed out or pissed off that you mentioned this subject. J/K  Thanks for run down memory lane.
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 4:59:19 PM EDT
[#2]
There was one in Newtown Square too. I still have my Marlin 336C that I got new from the Montgomerville store for $64.

I liked the ammo sales that they had also. Yes, I do miss Edelman's.
Link Posted: 4/7/2003 4:03:03 AM EDT
[#3]
I recall the place on Roosevelt Blvd & the one on Rt 309.
Visited both and was treated to some of the most unfriendly & ignorant salespeople I've ever met.
While out to buy my first handgun I happened into the store on Roosevelt Blvd at a time when they weren't busy. There were five salesmen huddled in a group talking, totally ignoring myself and the other person trying to look at the handguns. I recall the other person telling me that this was typical behavior from the salespeople in this store.
I can actually say that one of my favorite pistols was bought from the store on Rt 309. While I love the pistol I do regret ever giving them even one dollar of my money.

IMO, we're better off without them.

Just wanted to add, I left the store on Roosevelt Blvd and went to Lock's on Frankford Ave and bought my first handgun that same day. I was definitely buying. I was not out to waste anyones time window shopping.
Link Posted: 4/7/2003 3:12:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I was told that one of the Edelman boys is responsible for getting KIMBER started,is their any truth to that?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top