Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2003 1:37:37 PM EDT
Hey all

What I'm looking for are suggestions on how to make it easier for everyone to find and get together with people from your part of the state. I'm thinking about 3 forums ( Western - Central- Eastern ) or maybe breaking it into 6 different parts .

I'm kind of leaning towards the 6 parts. Do to the fact you would be looking at a 2 hour drive (give or take) for get togethers. Let me know what you all think . Maybe you don't give hoot too I look at some of the other states here and say why can't we do that too. It would be nice to shoot the bull with fellow AR.Com'ers. Let's hear your ideas ?

Link Posted: 2/8/2003 7:59:21 AM EDT
[#1]
As far as I'm concerned a two hour drive is not far to go for a shoot.  However after running Pennsylvania Class Three Competitors for 7 years I can tell you that it does make a difference for some.  Family commitments, job schedules and other "real life" things get in the way of the good times.

I think that the real obsticle is finding six ranges that will give black rifle shooters range time without hassle.  I think that you should plan around the C3 guys bringing the "rock n roll" band.  

Some clubs won't want that.

Mario
FAMO, Inc.  
Link Posted: 2/8/2003 2:52:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll be happy to host a South Western Pa shoot at Pitcairn - Monroeville Sportsmen's Club http://www.pmsconline.com
505 Mosside Boulevard [Rt. 48]
North Versailles, PA 15137
We are C3 friendly.
I also happen to be the Rifle Range Committee Chairman as well as Range Safety Officer, and Range Officer.
Ed Stephan
[email protected]
Link Posted: 2/10/2003 8:22:29 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't think we need different forums for shoots. Just tack them until the day after the shoot.
Link Posted: 2/24/2003 5:42:45 AM EDT
[#4]
I think a special subject line format might be something to consider. perhaps along the lines of  "shoot - date - region - info"
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 12:24:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Throwing this back out here for more thoughts .  Got an IM from one of the guys suggesting this . Lets see what you all think .
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 1:07:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I like the six parts format. A 2 hour drive probably wouldnt work into my busy life.  

Ed an ARFCOM shoot at PMSC would be great thats only 10 minutes away for me.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 2:05:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Have gun will travel. I do think perhaps an east/central/west catagory would be good.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 3:30:35 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm South Central.
With my schedule, anything beyond a 60 to 90 minutes drive is out of the Question.  While I’d love to  come and Party, anything much beyond my driving range might have me falling asleep behind the wheel.
In short, Shoot-Out would be by case by case.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 6:32:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Yea, I live in south central also and will be at York show probably on Sunday. I agree that maybe just starting with three separate categories at least might get the ball rolling on get-togethers. Finding some friendly ranges would be the only obstacle to having a gathering of black rifles. The other option would be to just meet at gun shows or just have a meeting at a local eatery every month, sort of like in my old car club days.
As they say, if you schedule it, they will attend. So I am open to some ideas for state chapters.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 7:26:52 PM EDT
[#10]
I'd rather have each match or get-together listed in it's own thread with the date and geographic area in the subject heading.  

If you were to break it up, 3 areas (east/central/west) would be fine.

I've been known to drive 3 or 4 hours for a shoot.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 12:06:48 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I'd rather have each match or get-together listed in it's own thread with the date and geographic area in the subject heading.  

If you were to break it up, 3 areas (east/central/west) would be fine.

Yeah that's what the idea is .  For instance I saw the post about the 400 meter shoot July 6. I was all happy until I saw where you guys were. That said ,it's a done deal . For now we'll try 3 areas , the people in those area's feel free to post get-together's in your area. Whether it's for a shot a BBQ /Dinner or just a  bull session.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 3:14:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Having the East, West Central thing is a good idea. Maybe tack them, so they dont get lost if no one posts in them for a while.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 4:40:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Yeah I plan on tackin them . I just wanted to see how it goes .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top