Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/26/2022 11:00:52 PM EDT
Guy selling a dirbike on CL. Bike and guy are from California (now lives in AZ), has a "pink slip," and no title. I figure the guy would need to get an AZ title, then be able to sell.

I walked away because the price wasn't all that great and seemed kind of sketchy. Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 12:42:41 AM EDT
[#1]
If he doesn't have the title, does he really own it?  I'd pass.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 6:53:44 PM EDT
[#2]
In ca the pink slip is usually the title.The old days they were pink so some still refer to them as such
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 2:19:30 PM EDT
[#3]

Pink Slip normally means Title.   California Titles are pink and green, and calling them "pink slips" has been slang since at least the late 50s.

However, the yahoo should have transferred the title to AZ.  
Why the hell should a buyer have to go through that hassle?

Typical lazy-ass craigslister.
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 5:31:30 PM EDT
[#4]
You did good…. Not worth the hassle especially  if the price of the bike wasn’t That great
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 1:50:15 PM EDT
[#5]
It isn't hard to change a CA title to AZ.  If dude wasn't riding it, there is no need for him to change from CA to AZ title, especially if it was in storage.

In fact, it isn't hard to change from no title at all, to an AZ title.

Even if it has an AZ title, it still needs to be notarized and transferred to the new owner.

You guyz need to get out more.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top