Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/15/2022 12:56:41 AM EDT
My wife has big palms and short fingers, and arthritis.  This means she needs gloves when its cold, which fortunately isn't all that often in Arizona.  But someday it can be cold and her fingers/knuckles ache. Where could I find someone who could make custom gloves, a thinner set for everyday use and thicker for work- she does security right now to keep from going nuts un retirement.
Anyone know anyone like this in the Phoenix or Tucson area?
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 2:57:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm gonna think that means no... Oh well, thanks for looking.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 2:01:34 AM EDT
[#2]
From research, it appears there's one in North Carolina that has stopped taking orders due to large orders and lack of help.

This place is 10 months out.

https://www.magnoliclothiers.com/custom-gloves-p-798.html

You might try the motorcycle leather stores that cater to Harley riders. I know there's some by Cave Creek. I'm sure they got the time of you got the money.

Eta: seems like a great reason to take the Lady to London or NYC for a fun trip if you have the means. More seem centered in those locations.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 3:47:43 AM EDT
[#3]
She went to England as a teenager and would LOVE to return...but alas, that is not in the cards for several years. Thanks for the tips!
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 3:37:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Get thin deer or elk skin gloves.  Deer skin is usually thinner, so better feel.  You buy a size smaller, unless you are right at the top of the sizing range.  Then you soak the gloves in water, which help them stretch out and wear them until the dry.  She needs to clutch her hands to get it to mold to her hand.  Once it drys, add some leather conditioner.  Where it and get it starting to break in and wet/dry it again.  It can take a bit to get it broken in and fitting right.  Once it does, they are great.  I do this with my motorcycle gloves.  

I know Held offers long & short fingers, but there are dedicated motorcycle gloves.  Not something you would wear everyday.  Fox Creek Leathers makes some simple deer and elk skin gloves, I don't believe the have long/short fingers.  Lee Parks makes some wonder deer skin gloves for motorcycle riding, but they are expensive for what you get and inconsistent in sizing.  I have a medium and XL that fit me the same.  I lucked into a motorcycle shop doing a closeout on Ebay and got them for 20% of retail.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 5:32:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Might check with a local cobbler.  

I have no idea if they do gloves, but I went to them before and they have a great reputation:

https://a-gnomes-shoe-repair.business.site/
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 2:06:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Maybe try golf gloves? If she can find a fit would be good for the everyday ones.

Glove size chart

How to measure
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 8:04:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Interesting thought, thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top