Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2022 11:11:10 AM EDT
I've been looking for property around the Williams area, but the lack of water is stopping me from pulling the trigger. The water table is really deep, so most properties are reliant on community wells or trucked in water. I've read the water table is around 100' deep in the Show Low/Snowflake/St. Johns area. Is that true? How are the county regulations? Looking for a recreation property, and back us Armageddon property. I sure the methbilly's are all over as with anywhere in rural areas.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 1:28:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I live just east of Snowflake a couple of miles off of the Concho highway.  I believe the well is a little over a hundred feet.  

The people around here are great.  Haven't run into any methbillys around SF/Taylor.  Showlow is a different story.  The Walfart there is a measure of human soup.  The Sovereign Citizens are the wierdest.  Mismatched camouflage and dirty assed kids, loading up carts with beans and ramen.  

This place is 10000 percent better than Albuquerque.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 9:01:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Water table in snowflake is about 400 feet down, same for Concho so I suspect maybe that's true for St. Johns.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 10:29:02 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm 10 miles east of Show Low. Our well is at 750. Prices for land in areas that are in good areas and have trees on them have gone up crazy high.

To get a well put in now is a wait several months long, to a year, not to mention how expensive it will be. A lot of people who are buying land and building up here are holding off on a well and just haul water for the time being. There are a lot of water delivery companies around, so it isn't a horrible option especially in the winter when it's snowing and/or in single digit temps or lower.

We have a lot that we are going to be selling, 4.75 acres. Heavily treed with a view of Ortega Lake, (it's a dry/seasonal lake) and you can see out to Snowflake.

Link Posted: 5/6/2022 1:54:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm 10 miles east of Show Low. Our well is at 750. Prices for land in areas that are in good areas and have trees on them have gone up crazy high.

To get a well put in now is a wait several months long, to a year, not to mention how expensive it will be. A lot of people who are buying land and building up here are holding off on a well and just haul water for the time being. There are a lot of water delivery companies around, so it isn't a horrible option especially in the winter when it's snowing and/or in single digit temps or lower.

We have a lot that we are going to be selling, 4.75 acres. Heavily treed with a view of Ortega Lake, (it's a dry/seasonal lake) and you can see out to Snowflake.

View Quote

@azjogol can you send me details? Up at the inlaws cabin by Vernon currently and may be interested.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 9:34:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

@azjogol can you send me details? Up at the inlaws cabin by Vernon currently and may be interested.
View Quote

@f40 IM sent.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top