Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2021 9:55:19 PM EDT
How does this work for Arizona registration?  

Thanks.

Link Posted: 10/2/2021 10:49:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
How does this work for Arizona registration?  

Thanks.
View Quote

I just bought a Firebird from Florida and had it shipped here.  The owner signed the title and also provided a notarized bill of sale.  I took it to a MVD 3rd party title and registration place and they issued me a title, a plate and registration.
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 4:12:33 PM EDT
[#2]
We bought a used car in CA - went to their DMV and got a temporary tag, drove it to AZ and took the pink slip to MVD to get AZ registration & plates.  Simple.  I think you could do it through a 3rd party like Footeworks too.
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 7:18:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Every state has a different way to transfer titles. IE, AZ titles require a notarization before they can be transferred.  

Some states do not require it to be notarized, just simply signed by the seller/previous owner. (Texas for instance)

What I'm getting at is whatever signature requirement that is on the back of the title needs to be completed properly, and a bill of sale always helps.  

More than likely you'll need emissions done, so just do that regardless and get your emissions paperwork, then take the out-of-state title and BOS to the MVD/Third party.

Profit?
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 2:19:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I just did this. Bought a Truck out of Nevada. You'll have to get emissions first, unless it is new enough or old enough (with classic plates I believe), to not require it. Then go to the DMV with the completed original title. Nevada does not require a notary on the Title, but AZ does (I believe), so check to see what is required on the title from the state your purchasing it. I got lucky, no line at the DMV, was in and out in 30 minutes or less. spent as much time in the line for the emissions check.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 6:54:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought my Camaro in TX last year at a dealership.  Paid the registration and taxes at the dealer.  Ended up getting about $1xx.00 back a month later for paying to much. It took about 8 weeks to get my actual plate.  They had to send me a 2nd temp plate.  Found out the company y the dealership uses to be the 3rd party system between them and out of state buyers 100% dropped the ball and never sent the paperwork to AZ mvd. They endee up next day airing my plate to me and the paperwork to mvd.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top