Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2021 1:45:42 PM EDT
Almost like an infestation at my house. I don't recall anything like this before.

Link Posted: 9/13/2021 2:11:34 PM EDT
[#1]
The amount of caterpillars in my area a couple weeks ago was insane, like a moving carpet.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 2:28:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I have been finding a lot of large black beetles in my house lately too, maybe an inch long and slender.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 2:57:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Monsoons....
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 3:33:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Monsoons....
View Quote
We need them. Not complaining...

Link Posted: 9/13/2021 4:08:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Our two cats love to catch and eat the moths.

Unfortunately, they tend to barf them back up, at the worst possible places.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 5:38:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Our two cats love to catch and eat the moths.

Unfortunately, they tend to barf them back up, at the worst possible places.
View Quote
I know that the geckos that live around my front entrance are getting FAT.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 6:50:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I know that the geckos that live around my front entrance are getting FAT.
View Quote

The reptiles and bats around my place are livin' large with all the grub.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 9:25:47 PM EDT
[#8]
TONS of butterflys.

Quite a few Hummingbird Moths too as well as tons of other assorted moths.  Flies and mosquitos still an issue too.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 10:02:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Driving around San Tan, there have been clouds of yellow butterflies.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 11:46:35 PM EDT
[#10]
My front door has been a convention center for moths. Everytime the door opens a few end up inside only to be sucked up by the vacuum and my moth hating wife.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 2:06:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Out here in san tan theres no reason washing your car till theyre gone
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 1:06:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Been riding NW and SW of the valley on back roads. The front of the bike and helmet look like a yellow butterfly murder scene. I even get the occasional grasshopper/cicada hit me in the leg.

Link Posted: 9/15/2021 6:29:02 PM EDT
[#13]
We've lived in AZ (Prescott & Verde Valley) for 21 years and this is easily the wettest monsoon we've seen.  We've got weeds threatening to become rain forests and more insects than I would have thought possible.  My front porch looks like a war zone from all the bug parts and guano the bats drop off every night.  Glad to have them though.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 7:14:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
We've lived in AZ (Prescott & Verde Valley) for 21 years and this is easily the wettest monsoon we've seen.  We've got weeds threatening to become rain forests and more insects than I would have thought possible.  My front porch looks like a war zone from all the bug parts and guano the bats drop off every night.  Glad to have them though.
View Quote

My wife sweeps up that stuff and puts it straight into the garden.  No need to mulch, I guess.

The 'maters get 'yuuge' and are tastier than store bought.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 11:57:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Almost like an infestation at my house. I don't recall anything like this before.

View Quote
I think it is because we actually had a monsoon this year.  I noticed it, too.  Back in the day when the monsoon was regular, they were common.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 11:58:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

My wife sweeps up that stuff and puts it straight into the garden.  No need to mulch, I guess.

The 'maters get 'yuuge' and are tastier than store bought.
View Quote

I used to do the same thing when I lived in Queen Creek.  Worked GOOD!!!!
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 10:39:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
TONS of butterflys.

Quite a few Hummingbird Moths too as well as tons of other assorted moths.  Flies and mosquitos still an issue too.
View Quote

I saw about ten of those moths that look like hummingbirds within the last week.  Never saw one before.
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 12:43:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I saw about ten of those moths that look like hummingbirds within the last week.  Never saw one before.
View Quote

Time to break out the ol' tennis racket and have some fun.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 7:51:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sphinx moths.
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 6:04:05 PM EDT
[#20]
PSA: Don't forget to take a look at your ride's radiator and transmission coolers. The fins get loaded up with yellow wings quickly,  adversely affecting the efficiency. Especially trucks hauling a load or a trailer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top