Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2021 11:01:58 PM EDT
Need a small threaded rod with a taper made. It's the rod portion of a broken case extractor.

Would like to have 2 made from the original for spares.

Anyone recommend a machine shop or individual in the Chandler area?
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 11:49:07 PM EDT
[#1]
It might be worth threading a rod yourself with a die or just buying new. Many machine shops are quite busy and making a few rods will run you a lot more than you want to spend.

I don't know of any tiny job shops in the area.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 2:31:07 PM EDT
[#2]
If you haven’t yet. Check this thread out.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Hometown/AZ-HTF-Group-Meetups-Outings-and-general-shenaniguns-/13-656003/

I’m sure if you make some friends a few have the capability to do what you want
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 1:07:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Southwest Precision Machine
7225 W Galveston in Chandler

The lead fellow and his father speak Greek, with English as a second language.
It used to be totally normal to visit and draw out exactly what you want.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 8:13:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you haven’t yet. Check this thread out.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Hometown/AZ-HTF-Group-Meetups-Outings-and-general-shenaniguns-/13-656003/

I’m sure if you make some friends a few have the capability to do what you want
View Quote

you better bust out some sandpaper and a drill! lol

I have to side with the guy above that it's likely going to be alot more expensive to have one off parts like that made vs buying another. Stuff like that takes time to machine, then you have to harden, then temper. lots of man hours vs a cnc machine and batch post processing. Are they no longer made or something?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top